• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX APX6500 shows APX6500 on power up then turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nola64g

I have an APX6500 (non-remote head- block style). I was updating the software while doing a clone programming, and the radio turned off. Now when I try to power it back on, the screen flashes "APX 6500" and turns off.

Any help with fixing this without sending it back to Motorola would be greatly appreciated!

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Clone programming? cloning a trunking radio? So 2 radios with the same ID were on the system at the same time?

Nola64g

It's a brick now, it's been killed/inhibited. If it's a model ending in -AN they probably won't accept it at the depot and if so you may have to answer tough questions about unauthorized programming. I'll give you a few bucks for it for parts.
It’s an agency radio. I’m not able to sell it.

Perhaps the company that programmed it can fix it? Think they’d have issues if it’s sent off with agency letter head?

I’m thankful for your help.

K2NEC

Sounds like you programmed two radios with the same ID and the system didn't like it. As others said, you're kinda SOL.

Nola64g

Take it to the "agency" and have them determine what's going on.
Thanks, sir. Sadly the agency guy is a company and the agency has to pay them. It’s just wild that a mistake like this can burn a whole radio. Figured they’d have a fail safe default or something.

Nola64g

Clone programming? cloning a trunking radio? So 2 radios with the same ID were on the system at the same time?
Each radio had its own LID. Was just trying to move the channels from one onto the other and remove the ones we didn’t need.

Nola64g

I have an APX6500 (non-remote head- block style). I was updating the software while doing a clone programming, and the radio turned off. Now when I try to power it back on, the screen flashes "APX 6500" and turns off.

Any help with fixing this without sending it back to Motorola would be greatly appreciated!
Turns out it was the ignition wire. Fixed. Any ideas how to copy channels from and XTL to upload the file only onto an APX?

ElroyJetson

Getting tired of all the stupidity.
Premium Subscriber
Somewhere between the Scylla and Charybdis
I was going to say, check ignition wire and ignition sense programming. Because that's exactly what a 6500 would do when ignition sense was enabled but I didn't have 12 volts on it. I reprogrammed the batch (15 radios) to ignore ignition sense in preparation for selling them.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Turns out it was the ignition wire. Fixed. Any ideas how to copy channels from and XTL to upload the file only onto an APX?

XTL->APX?
APX Migration Assistant.
APXMIG.jpg
Packaged with full version of APX CPS if downloaded from Motorola directly.
Still will have to fix errors and it is not perfect but it gets the job done.

Tech21

That program is abysmal!
Not really, it's pretty damn idiot proof. Biggest thing is making sure you have system keys loaded in Astro 25 and in APX, if applicable. That alone will prevent most issues people come across.

aesanya

I was going to say, check ignition wire and ignition sense programming. Because that's exactly what a 6500 would do when ignition sense was enabled but I didn't have 12 volts on it. I reprogrammed the batch (15 radios) to ignore ignition sense in preparation for selling them.
How can the ignition sensor be programmed if the APX CPS does not see the radio station

Status
Not open for further replies.