• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX7000 - 2X P25 systems. 1X SYS ID & WACN

Status
Not open for further replies.

c_lewien

Hi Cam,

Just a reply to your above comment.

Nothing strange about them using the same WACN and SYS ID. It's that way because of 'the grand plan' of things to come and which is already occurring in part.

The last change to the CID matter changed a few months ago. It's undergone several changes since the RMR Network was first commenced. Handy asset Pro96com.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris,

I must say I'm rather impressed with Pro96Com.

hitechRadio

Well there we have it. It's a single CID plan for both systems.

Glad you got it figured out.
Like I said , check Channel Id's. Typically this is where thing get messed up.
Eventually I would guess you will start seeing Adjacent VHF site info also, all controlled from the admin side as they connect things together.

I had read an article that some agencies will have or do have duelband 800/V radio's. Will be a fantastic system.

CanesFan95

So am I reading this right, there's a way to program an APX7000 to listen and scan talk groups without affiliating?

clbsquared

APX radios with firmware versions of v15.00 and higher WILL affiliate with the system. There doesn't appear to be any way around that. If you're buying an APX to do NAF, you need to make sure the firmware is lower than v15.00. Or at least have the ability to roll it back to a previous version.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

c_lewien

APX radios with firmware versions of v15.00 and higher WILL affiliate with the system. There doesn't appear to be any way around that. If you're buying an APX to do NAF, you need to make sure the firmware is lower than v15.00. Or at least have the ability to roll it back to a previous version.

Both my APX's are sitting on 15.12.00 with no issues. They don't attempt to affiliate.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd7eKETWk0w

Last edited:

clbsquared

That was fixed in R15.12.00 according to the release notes.
That is correct, to an extent. The radio only affiliates one time after it sees activity on any talk group. At that point the radio is seen as logging into the system. Which allows a system admin to flag the radio for inhibit. The fact is, Motorola is aware of the NAF method and they are taking steps to shut it down completely. I wouldn't be surprised if they started adding something similar to RAS in the near future. I wouldn't trust any APX radio with v15.00 and higher to do NAF.

Last edited:

c_lewien

That is correct, to an extent. The radio only affiliates one time after it sees activity on any talk group. At that point the radio is seen as logging into the system. Which allows a system admin to flag the radio for inhibit. The fact is, Motorola is aware of the NAF method and they are taking steps to shut it down completely. I wouldn't be surprised if they started adding something similar to RAS in the near future. I wouldn't trust any APX radio with v15.00 and higher to do NAF.

Hmm bugger.

Thanks

Last edited:

c_lewien

Which update note?

This one I believe.

Abstract: APX radios register repeatedly for approximately 6 minutes when Multi-System Talkgroup Scan is enabled.
System Platforms Affected: P25 Trunking Special Configurations: Multi-System Talkgroup Scan with at least one conventional personality.
Description: A radio with Multi-System Talkgroup Scan enabled will register repeatedly (transmit LED flashes) for approximately 6 minutes after the Codeplug is written.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

Sorry, but that's nonsense. We've personally verified that the APX subscribers made no attempt to affiliate with our system when programmed correctly for non-affiliate scanning. This is not anecdotal, instead we proved it out with several different APX models all at R15 firmware releases while monitoring ZoneWatch, with further verification provided by reviewing the ATIA logs. It doesn't get much more definitive than that.

At no point in time did any subscriber attempt to affiliate while on a conventional channel with Multi-System Talkgroup scan properly setup for non-affiliate scanning. Period.

CanesFan95

So if you're shopping on eBay, does this basically mean you want to make sure the radio version number is something lower than 15.00? And exactly what is this version number? Is that the software it was last programmed with, or is that something to do with the hardware?

ME801

So if you're shopping on eBay, does this basically mean you want to make sure the radio version number is something lower than 15.00? And exactly what is this version number? Is that the software it was last programmed with, or is that something to do with the hardware?

Its the firmware version in the radio. Info, Radio Version, RXX.XX.XX. Any reliable seller will be happy to give you the information. If they don't run don't walk from the radio.

clbsquared

So it won't matter what software version you use to program it?
You need to program it with whatever version it's currently programmed with, or newer. Be very very careful with APX radios. I'm afraid you will be treading on thin ice should you acquire one and try to program it. It's not like the Legacy radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.