• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX7000 - 2X P25 systems. 1X SYS ID & WACN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

Okay, good. So all I have to worry about is just the radio firmware? As long as its under 15, then any software version will let you non-affiliate?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
You have to use the current version of software or newer to read and write to it.
So if your unit has R14.xx.xx firmware, and was read / written to with software 15.xx.xx you need to use 15.xx.xx or newer.
If it was read with 14.xx.xx software then 14.xx.xx or newer would work.

mbui03

** Update **

Adding the complete UHF/VHF CID resolved the issue. I'm now receiving both the UHF & VHF systems.

*Setup now*
System 1 - Complete CID plan with just the MMR Network (UHF) control channels.
System 2 - Complete CID plan with just the RMR network (VHF) control channels.

Thank you to everyone who assisted - I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Cameron

What was this fix. I've been having the same issues with my apx. I'm considering a test, one system with all talk groups assigned to the one system and seeing whether it still picks up the rmr without having any control channels and leaving non adj site search on. Anyone able to confirm if they have tested this prior?

c_lewien

What was this fix. I've been having the same issues with my apx. I'm considering a test, one system with all talk groups assigned to the one system and seeing whether it still picks up the rmr without having any control channels and leaving non adj site search on. Anyone able to confirm if they have tested this prior?
You'll need the following setup/configuration to receive both networks.

System 1 - MMR (Setup with MMR control channels, both MMR/RMR Channel ID plan)
System 2 - RMR (Setup with MMR control channels, both MMR/RMR Channel ID plan)

It is very important you have non-adjacement unticked. This is due to both sharing the same SYSID & WACN and causing the radio to select the strongest site (could be an MMR site when you're attempting to listen to RMR).

Full Spectrum Control Channel Scan: unticked (Location in Trunking Wide)
Validate NAC Against System ID: unticked (Located in Trunking System)

As for the "Trunking Wide" I've found the below configuration the best for receive on both networks - I adjusted the values over the past few weeks to try and find the best configuration for RSSI etc.

The below screenshot I have received RMR statewide with nil issues and the MMR as far as Trafalgar (couldn't test beyond that location today)

Attachments

• Screen1.jpg
    Screen1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

mbui03

Are you able to monitor both systems at once or do you keep both systems seperate?

Status
Not open for further replies.