• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX8000 TX Deviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to program an APX8000. Under the conventional personality, under Rx Voice/Signal Type, if I select ASTRO or Mixed Mode the TX Deviation/Channel Spacing is black but when I change the Rx Voice/Signal Type to Non-Astro the TX Deviation turns red. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If the radio has Q507, it will not allow you to set the TX deviation to anything other than 2.5 kHz for VHF or UHF frequencies that fall within the narrowband mandate range.

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
If the radio has Q507, it will not allow you to set the TX deviation to anything other than 2.5 kHz for VHF or UHF frequencies that fall within the narrowband mandate range.
It is set to that. For some reason that column turns red and I get an error message when I set the signaling to non-ASTRO

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Too little information provided to make a determination. Maybe post a screenshot so we don't have to make a bunch of guesses. Does the Invalid Fields Report tab show anything?

Have you read through the CPS help thoroughly, or are you just winging it as you go along? No offense, but you start a lot of threads about Motorola radios, many of your questions which can be answered by reading through the CPS help.

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to try to attach photos of the CPS. One set is with non-astro and the other is mixed, but ASTRO and mixed have the same result.

As far as posting, I do look up my questions in the Help section then if that doesn't work I try Google and/or YouTube. Last is to search the forums then post a question. I have found that posting a question gets me better results than the Help section.
1b6f906504cbc0bfba2544fae352a7a2.jpg
9e029efbd6d9f11119b5848d77089079.jpg
4c144556c3eaca9f8055106cef3543bf.jpg
754ede7af55c2c9bb4607aab3925fa10.jpg

michaelstephen

Premium Subscriber
Don't worry about starting threads. There is no such thing as a dumb question. People learn differently - if discussion works for you there's nothing wrong with that. Reading isn't for everyone, especially considering how technical the cps help files are. If one doesn't have a fundamental understanding of radio before hand, it's not like you can pick up the cps files and just start reading like its a novel. Don't feel bad about starting forums - many people learn better by discussion than reading.

Anyway, do you have encryption on? Encryption can't pass through low bandwidth.

This selection is invalid if either of the following scenarios is true:
(When the Rx Voice / Signal Type <../RxOptions/Rx_Voice> field is "Non-ASTRO Mode", and
when the Secure Operation <../../SecureWide/General/Secure_Operation> field is set to "Hardware", and
when the Voice Secure / Clear Strapping <../Secure/Secure_Clear_Strapping> field is not set to "Clear").

Turn off hardware crypto or secure strapping for that personality or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
The encryption was set to on. Problem fixed. Thank you very much. Unless I missed it, I did not see anything in the cps help section for tx deviation that referenced encryption.

michaelstephen

Premium Subscriber
Hi Rusty,

It is in the help section when you have the spacing selected. In a table at the bottom, Each of the valid spacing options has criteria for when it can be used or not. Usually there is always a table for every option, and a description of when each option does or doesn't apply. But like I said, we all learn different ways. Discussion is a good way. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.