• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX8000 wi-fi enable/disable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber
The Flashcode option for Wifi must first be enabled in your radio. Without this flashcode option, you will not have access to it.

If it has Wifi in the flash, first start by putting the wifi menu button in your radio menu from the radio ergonomics tab in CPS.

Next you need to ensure that the Wifi box is checked for it to be turned enables. You can do this either from Radio Wide or Data wide. It's one of the two I believe.

Once that box is checked you can write the radio and you should be able to turn Wifi on and off from your radio keypad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N9IIT

Just out of curiosity what does the wifi on a /\/\oto handheld get you? Is this a hotspot or the ability to communicate over WiFi instead of OTA?

slyons01

Honestly I don't know. I am very new to this.
I was thinking OTA and WiFi update's were the same. So that shows you how much I now about the software. And tips of v video links would be helpful

W8VFD

Feed Provider
One use is that you can program the radio via wifi, there may be other uses but that's the only one that I'm personally aware of.

Just out of curiosity what does the wifi on a /\/\oto handheld get you? Is this a hotspot or the ability to communicate over WiFi instead of OTA?

slyons01

We in the process of purchasing over 700 radios mostly apx 8000 and 8500. I was hoping they could be program via CEP software via wifi. I thinking the more I do my research, the more I know I don't know what I'm doing. Lol

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
It takes the Moto infrastructure to program them over wifi... You can't just have a wifi network in place and program a single or fleet of radios.

slyons01

Where can I find more information about this Moto infrastructure ? And is programming over the air same as Wifi?

otter9309

CPS with radio management is all you need. Your SW license will cover the fist 100 units, but you will need to purchase a license for additional radios. WiFi will support Codeplug and Firmware updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.