• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX APX8000 Wrong Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliVonChonk

Hello All,

I’m using an APX8000XE with an APX8000HXE Hazloc battery. When I turn on the radio I get this error. I have the Certification Type in CPS set to none. The battery works fine on my 7000. Any insight into whether or not I can get this battery to work on the 8000?
D396A718-BB4D-4795-84DB-3E1E0F0A9ECA.jpeg

allend

Premium Subscriber
I had the same problem in the past and the battery is just not going to work. Return it and make sure read on Motorola's website about which battery is certified. Doesn't matter if you turned off switched or check marks in CPS.

EliVonChonk

I had the same problem in the past and the battery is just not going to work. Return it and make sure read on Motorola's website about which battery is certified. Doesn't matter if you turned off switched or check marks in CPS.

Really weird that it works on my 7000. Both the 7k and 8k have matching firmware

allend

Premium Subscriber
Yup. Doesn't matter. There are only certain certified batteries that will work on an APX 8000 radio. I had to return a stubby battery and ended up buying the extended battery.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
From the R20.00.03 Release Notes:

Important Notes:
Abstract: Enhanced Battery Certification
System Platforms Affected: N/A
Special Configurations: All APX Portable Radios
Description: Batteries not certified for a particular APX portable radio will notify the user of the compatibility mismatch. For example, NNTN8921A, PMNN4547A and NNTN8930A UL batteries will now display “Wrong Battery” for APX8000 radios. Refer to price pages for all certified radio/battery model combinations.

EliVonChonk

From the R20.00.03 Release Notes:

Important Notes:
Abstract: Enhanced Battery Certification
System Platforms Affected: N/A
Special Configurations: All APX Portable Radios
Description: Batteries not certified for a particular APX portable radio will notify the user of the compatibility mismatch. For example, NNTN8921A, PMNN4547A and NNTN8930A UL batteries will now display “Wrong Battery” for APX8000 radios. Refer to price pages for all certified radio/battery model combinations.

Yup. Mine is 4547. Well I guess it’ll just be used on my 7000. Luckily I got a non Hazloc one at the same time.

NPW482

The company Power Products makes APX 6/7/8 stubby batteries that are Impress2 technology and won't show wrong battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.