• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX8500 (O9) URC w/ Whelen SB9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjp6691

Premium Subscriber
Before anyone tells me, I already know that there will be no more support for the O9 control head, but anyway, I'm looking for someone that has installed this setup and has a fully functional system that I can message or speak with regarding assistance with setting mine up.

I am NOT looking for programming information. I am only looking for some technical installation assistance.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

a417

Before anyone tells me, I already know that there will be no more support for the O9 control head, but anyway, I'm looking for someone that has installed this setup and has a fully functional system that I can message or speak with regarding assistance with setting mine up.

I am NOT looking for programming information. I am only looking for some technical installation assistance.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
are you looking for help on the moto side, or the whelen side?

cjp6691

Premium Subscriber
Both the /\/\ side and the Whelen side. I can't find the pinout to the Whelen SB9600 anywhere online. The out put has 4 pins and speakers are only 2 wires. I'm not sure if I can hook 2 speakers up or if 2 wires go to speakers and 2 wires go somewhere else, etc...

Tech21

Motorola Solutions Branded SB9600 Siren/PA Configuration/Programming.

The Siren/PA is shipped pre-wired for 100 W operation. It can be rewired for 65 W, 75 W, or 130 Wpower levels. To change to another power level, perform the following:
1. Open the Siren/PA connector cover to gainaccess to the two-connector speaker lead. Donot change the speaker common lead (pin 20). The other lead is connected to pin 35 (for 100W operation).

2. Using an appropriate pin removal tool, extract pin 35 and move it to one of the following pin
locations:
- pin location 36 for 75 W operation
- pin location 28 for 65 W or 130 W operation
3. For 65 W or 75 W operation, no further changes are required. Reassemble the connector.
4. For 130 W operation, you must parallel two 11ȍspeakers, each rated at 65 W minimum. Proper phasing of the two speakers is important when connecting two speakers in parallel, wire similar speaker terminals together to ensure maximum loudness and prevent"deadspots." For example, if the terminals are marked "1" and "2", connect the terminals marked "1" together and connect those wires to one speaker lead. Connect the terminals marked "2" together and connect those wires to the other speaker lead.

5. When the Siren/PA is configured for dual speaker, 130 W operation, it is necessary to remove a resistor and move two jumpers to set the correct power level. Remove the Siren/PA cover,and locate resistor R219 (0ȍ). This resistor should be removed for 130 W operation. Locate jumpers JU100 and JU101. These jumpers should be installed for 130 W operation.
6. Close and reconnect the Siren/PA connector cover.

Capture.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.