• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

AR 8200 car adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Reviewed AOR's OEM accessories on their website and didn't see a DC (cigarette adapter) power adapter available. I would assume one might be able to secure a generic converter from Radio Shack with the correct voltage correct? Not sure if this setup could damage the internal NiCd charging circuit?? Anyone have any experience in this regard with this radio?

Wayne

merlin3rd

Car adapter

I have used the Radio Shack cigerette adapter (12volt output) with the "B" adater plug. It works fine for the 8200. No problems.

gcgrotz

Mine came with an adapter (I think??), runs off 13.8v right to the radio. The cool part is, it is the same as my Alinco HT so i switch it back and forth. I use the AOR AC charger in the house to charge the Alinco. I love multi-use stuff, cuts down on the charger cables lying around.

So the RS should be just fine, just be careful to assemble the adapter plug correctly on the end of the cable. RS is still good for something...

gcgrotz

Oh yeah, one more thing - if you don't already have the BuTel software for the '8200 I suggest you get it and make life easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.