Ar-dv1 and dsd, anyone got that to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudekindjack

Has anyone ever got dsd+ to work with the ar-dv1? I tried it by running it from the aux port on he ar-dv1 to the line In to the pc I was using, and I got a on squelch all the time,, and it doesn't dEcode it very well. Every now and then, I can make a word out.

spikem

Check how the signal looks on the scope. Make sure its a clean large signal that isn't clipping. ie Flattening at the top of the waveform. Lots of meddling with the levels should do it. I feed mine into an usb audio interface. Took me a while due to having too many things going on.

dudekindjack

I'm not doing any good running a cable from the ar-dv1 to line in on the pc. Have adjusted levels every way I know how. Open squelch/ white noise and digital sound, even now and then some garbled words through the speakers. I've saw where it shows its a nxdn96 signal and the name of the dispatch came up. When I was monitoring a p25 signal, I see the nac code but still just a garbled voice sometimes I the digital sound.

dudekindjack

I got it going some, I am using Windows xp machine, and I had to adjust some on the recording properties, as well as the playback options.
I wish aor would put a firmware update for ndxn 9600 .

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I noticed the aux output does not work very well as a discriminator out. I think it is because the audio output is frequency limited due to the sample rate being used.

73 Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.