AR DV1 Bank Title Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Hi!

Trying to figure out how to display bank titles on the bottom of the LCD display? I have bank title registered in the memory, but nothing displayed.

According to page 34 of the user manual "3. The bank title (BANK BANK__[BK.TITLE]) and channel title (CH CH__[CH.TITLE]) will appear
alternatively on the bottom of the LCD. If those titles are already registered, those titles will be
displayed."

Please help!

MStep

Hi!

Trying to figure out how to display bank titles on the bottom of the LCD display? I have bank title registered in the memory, but nothing displayed.

According to page 34 of the user manual "3. The bank title (BANK BANK__[BK.TITLE]) and channel title (CH CH__[CH.TITLE]) will appear
alternatively on the bottom of the LCD. If those titles are already registered, those titles will be
displayed."

Please help!

Many things have changed in the operation of the DV1 with the various firmware updates. Some changes were intended; other, unfortunately, were not. Some unintended issues were later remedied; others, not so.

I would suggest going to a channel which is already programmed into your radio, and while in MEM mode, pressing and holding the ENT keys for at least 2 seconds, as if you were reprogramming into memory. At this point, you will see the Channel Title (not Bank Title) alternately flash with the currently programmed frequency (and not the CH TITLE).

This allows you to manipulate data, including the Channel Title or Frequency in that particular memory channel, by changing those parameters. Experiment a bit and you will see what I mean. If, at some point in the past, the radio did operated in some other fashion, things have changed.

A most interesting exercise for lovers of the DV1 (yes, I am one), is to read through all of the firmware changes and bug fixes incorporated since the introduction of the radio. Start at the very bottom of the page and read up. That page can be found here:

Firmware Updates | Download Area | Support | AOR U.S.A., INC. Authority On Radio Communications

All this information indicates, for better or for worse, that the DV1 is still very much a project in the works. For some folks (like me) that's very exciting; it means that there are many other things that the radio may be able to do. Other folks would likely disagree and argue with equal merit that a $1,200 USD radio should not be something which has not been finalized or perfected. Such is the blessing and the curse of SDR's (software defined radios).

Last edited:

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
AR DV1 Solution!

Hi Mike!

Thanks for your thoughts on this issue. Your opinion really counts!

I contacted Taka, he inturn contacted the manufacturer, said he was informed that currently, the function is not available. He asked them to resume the function with the future firmware.

Great customer service as always! AOR is the best!

I find that my use with the DV1, I occasionally do multi band links with many channels scanning within a few banks. I find it helpful to have those Bank Titles for easier identification purposes. Although I use Channel Tags, some tags are similar.

Looking forward to having Bank Titles available!

Thank you,

MStep

Hi Mike!

Thanks for your thoughts on this issue. Your opinion really counts!

I contacted Taka, he inturn contacted the manufacturer, said he was informed that currently, the function is not available. He asked them to resume the function with the future firmware.

Great customer service as always! AOR is the best!

I find that my use with the DV1, I occasionally do multi band links with many channels scanning within a few banks. I find it helpful to have those Bank Titles for easier identification purposes. Although I use Channel Tags, some tags are similar.

Looking forward to having Bank Titles available!

Thank you,

Great that you passed that along to Taka--- he has been very good at getting the concerns of us consumers across to his engineers in Japan. When I was "on the fence" about buying the DV1, it was Taka's input and concern that convinced me that I was making the right choice.

That having been said, I'm sure that if you've looked at the changes and bug fixes that were made in the course of the DV1's production, you can appreciate just how dedicated AOR is to the DV1, but also how seemingly simple changes can affect the overall operation of the radio. Inadvertent loss of the CW function is a great example-- fortunately, AOR jumped on the issue pretty quickly and got that straightened out.

Once again I encourage all my fellow DV1 enthusiasts to make sure they check through all functions of the radio, particularly after a firmware update, to make certain that other issues have not been inadvertently created in the process. It's important that we don't lose functions that we may use, even just occasionally, in the process of going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.