AR-DV1 AR-DV1 Firmware Update v2101C

Status
Not open for further replies.

on5fly

Feature improvements:

- TETRA GSSI user group filtering “PRO” feature. Optional function. To activate this “PRO” feature, please purchase an activation key at: 通信機、気象機器の通信販売サイト【AOR DIRECT】
(This function is fitted as standard on the high-end AR5700D receiver, but a chargeable option for the AR-DV1.)
Instructions on how to activate and use the GSSI function are in the updated operating manual addendum. Download at: AR-DV1 manual addendum | Manuals | Download Area | Support | AOR,LTD. Authority On Radio Communications
- Addition of Tetra Trunking GSSI related commands for software engineers. A descriptive document will be available later in March 2021.

Bug fixes:
- HOLD function during SCAN and SEARCH was not working.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
So I did the Yen/USD conversion and it looks like 104.32 US.

It will be interesting to see how many pay. It's nice to see that AOR is still releasing updates for the DV-1. Me, I'm holding off on paying for the pro feature for now.

G7HID

To give a bit of perspective all this release does is fix the HOLD function during SCAN and SEARCH that was not working.
And offer to sell you GSSI filter option as an add on extra..

Mike

ScanHen

Tetra trunking is working great after installing the new firmware and the key.
But after installing the new firmware my usb port at the scanner does not work anymore. I tried different cables that are working on other devices, but no luck so far.

Are there users that installed the newest firmware and still can use the usb port?

morfis

But after installing the new firmware my usb port at the scanner does not work anymore. I tried different cables that are working on other devices, but no luck so far.

Are there users that installed the newest firmware and still can use the usb port?

Yes. Not had any issues with USB.

Cheap old USB cable I've had for years (came with a brandless Chinese tablet several years before the advent of the DV1). Just tried with a different one and that too is fine.

ScanHen

Yes. Not had any issues with USB.

Cheap old USB cable I've had for years (came with a brandless Chinese tablet several years before the advent of the DV1). Just tried with a different one and that too is fine.

Thanks for your answer, than I have have to get it repaired.
Recently I read that the usb port is very fragile. So I bought an usb cable with magnetic connector. Worked very good, until last week.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your answer, than I have have to get it repaired.
Recently I read that the usb port is very fragile. So I bought an usb cable with magnetic connector. Worked very good, until last week.

ScanHen

Before anything, go back to FW 1907B and try your USB connection. Others have found similar issues with the 2010C Firmware.

AOR have acknowledged there are problems and brought out a repaired Firmware for the DV10 on Friday. I expect there may well be a similar release for the DV1 this week.

Ubbe

When I look at the japanese video clip the TG's have no delay function. It immediatly jumps from one TG to the next which makes it impossible to follow a call, or just hold to one TG and when call have ended let it scan again. It remeains a lot of work until that function are useable.

/Ubbe

digiman1

When I look at the japanese video clip the TG's have no delay function. It immediatly jumps from one TG to the next which makes it impossible to follow a call, or just hold to one TG and when call have ended let it scan again. It remeains a lot of work until that function are useable.

/Ubbe

Yeah, I have forwarded this issue to AOR so hopefully they look at it. I have asked them to include a call timeout, I would like to set mines to 5 secs the same as I have set on Tetra Trunk Tracker as I have missed quite a few calls because of this.

I think if AOR take these small issues on board then they could definitely be onto a winner.

I swore I wouldn't touch AOR again after having issues with Tetra before but with this release I went and bought the DV10 and activated Tetra GSSI. I must say I am actually very happy with mines, DMR etc is working great and Tetra is almost there, I am glad I picked this up.

Boas

Hello digiman1,

unfortunately I had to sell my DV10 because the frequency drift was too great. I had repeatedly noticed that DRM, for example, had to receive something, but nothing arrived at the DV10 because of the frequency drift. I am waiting for the next model.

73 Josef

digiman1

Hello digiman1,

unfortunately I had to sell my DV10 because the frequency drift was too great. I had repeatedly noticed that DRM, for example, had to receive something, but nothing arrived at the DV10 because of the frequency drift. I am waiting for the next model.

73 Josef
Yeah, I have heard that happening a lot, I have yet to notice this issue on mines. On HF it is def off frequency but this in not an area that I use a lot.

I will keep playing with this to see if the issue crops up.

Boas

Hello digiman1,

I noticed it like this: I had set to HF USB Shannon Volmet. After about 10 minutes, I had to adjust the frequency again and again so that the speech was intelligible again.
On the HAM DMR frequency, the signal was also gone after about 10 minutes. SDRplay with the DSD decoder and DMR was running in parallel and the signal was still audible after 10 minutes. After a restart of the DV10, the DMR signal could be heard again for a few minutes.
This made me very angry, so I sold the DV10. Unfortunately, it was not possible to take it back because my dealer was of the opinion that the device was fine.

73 Josef

digiman1

Hello digiman1,

I noticed it like this: I had set to HF USB Shannon Volmet. After about 10 minutes, I had to adjust the frequency again and again so that the speech was intelligible again.
On the HAM DMR frequency, the signal was also gone after about 10 minutes. SDRplay with the DSD decoder and DMR was running in parallel and the signal was still audible after 10 minutes. After a restart of the DV10, the DMR signal could be heard again for a few minutes.
This made me very angry, so I sold the DV10. Unfortunately, it was not possible to take it back because my dealer was of the opinion that the device was fine.

73 Josef
Yeah, I was really worried about the DMR Side of things as I monitor quite a lot of DMR but I can honestly say that I have not had any problems with DMR after several hours of usage thankfully. I did initially have issues with DMR but then I realised I was using the supplied Airband antenna, when I switch this over to my own Dual band antenna it sprang to life.

I am wondering if some DV10s are worse than others? I have seen so many mixed reports.

Boas

Yes, you are probably right. Maybe there are DV10 with and without problems. I wish you a lot of fun . I will definitely buy the next new DV? model.

73 Josef

ScanHen

ScanHen

Before anything, go back to FW 1907B and try your USB connection. Others have found similar issues with the 2010C Firmware.

AOR have acknowledged there are problems and brought out a repaired Firmware for the DV10 on Friday. I expect there may well be a similar release for the DV1 this week.

I went back to 1907B but still no connection to the usb port.
I contacted AOR and I have to send the scanner to a local dealer so they can repare it.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.