AR-DV1 Receiver Firmware Version 1611B Update 2016/12/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve2mel

AR-DV1 FIRMWARE UPDATE v1611B RELEASE NOTES
(c)2016 AOR, LTD.
Dec.5, 2016
This update will correct issues that some customers experienced, it also adds more
functionality to the AR-DV1.
AOR is committed to the continuous improvement of its products and will post firmware
updates periodically to further extend the capabilities of this receiver.
IMPORTANT!
This firmware update will clear all your channel, bank and configuration memory data. It is
therefore advised to make a backup on SD card as described chapter 5-2 of the user manual,
and to restore this data after the firmware update.
The following bugs have been removed:
- Long press on MODE button switched to T-DM mode. Now reverted to (digital) AUTO mode.
- No more popping noises during recording playback.
- Memory channel or VFO switching between analog and digital modes sometimes displayed channel
information of the previously switched channel.
The following features have been improved:
- Stopping a recording now takes less time, once the button has been pressed.
- The [R] icon is now blinking to indicate that the recording is on the way to be stopped.
- When the SD card is out of free space, it is indicated by an [X] inside the card logo.
- A recording cannot be started when the SD card is almost out of free space, to avoid broken recordings.

mescalero

I do not seem big news ... only a few bugs fixed (to verify all the rest)
or am I wrong?
regards

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps a bit of both

1611B has corrected a lot of the 1610B problems I identified, and discussed in my main thread.

The big one that was causing a lot of problems, regarding the radio using parameters from a previous mode, bandwidth, squelch, and tone switching.etc, rather than those it should, has been fixed. That was potentially quite serious.

I believe it was something to do with VFOZ, after the Tetra mode had been added, although not a direct relationship. I mean these things did not just happen if Tetra had been selected, the 'bug' consequences were much wider than that. So it is great AOR fixed that.

As far as other firmware issues, long standing ones, you are correct, others still exist.

For months now I have been adding software workarounds in eSPYonARD. In the latest '007' I had already 'fixed' the bug in 1610B I mentioned above, but have actually created software fixes for many more.

Of course, as they all my fixes work in the background they are not immediately noticeable, and as nobody sees them operating, little credit is given to them even being there, or the work involved. Not a gripe, just fact.

At least using eSPYonARD, many firmware bugs have 'fixes' which are not present under manual or other software control.

Status
Not open for further replies.