AR-DV1 AR-DV1 Tablet App Interface for iOS and Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

citiot

ʇoᴉʇᴉɔ
Premium Subscriber
Can't find a place to purchase. Wonder if the "fine tuned' operating system will make more efficient usb connection?

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

This appears to be the manual for people who just bought the software. I wonder how much just the software is? 200?

It appears the program is mostly javascript. The source code is here on GitHub.

You can get a handle on the other software packages by looking at the license page.

They are using a minimal Raspbian Stretch image as the base OS.

It might be possible to build the product from the sources. It depends on how complete the sources are.

73 Eric

wogga383

250 quid for a pi3 and a usb soundcard? "special operating system"?

Just checked £36 for the raspberry, usb will be peanuts. Question then how much do AOR charge for the SD with the media on it? I will ask our AOR dealer I think.

morfis

It might be possible to build the product from the sources. It depends on how complete the sources are.

The plan was to have it open sourced and they have implied all along that it would be possible. I don't know why I'm surprised that WS have a single unit in stock at such a ludicrous price....they've been fleecing people for years and probably testing the watter to see if gullibility levels have remained high. I imagine a lot of people will see it as some magical product from AoR Manufacturing rather than a collection of mainly cheap easilily obtainable off the shelf pieces.

Pi's, cases, USB sound cards, cables etc.....have them all here. I'm pretty useless with linux but usually muddle by!

Happy to do a lot of muddling for £250 ;)

DeepBlue

It is a step forward but I wonder how much more will be done for the DV-1 platform. It might be useful for it's new sibling for Aeronautical BUT - it specifically says in multiple places, VFO mode only. So sad.

S

G8PTN

Hi All,

For general information I have experimented a little with Node-RED (browser-based flow editor) for controlling the AR-DV1 and Mumble (voice over IP application) for a remote audio link.

Both Node-RED and Mumble (Server and Client) can be installed on the Raspberry Pi, I have them installed on a RPI3B+. The setup is running on a local WIFI network, security aspects would probably preclude external Internet access.

The control interface is connected directly to the AR-DV1 from one of the RPI’s USB ports. The audio interface is connected to the AR-DV1 headphone jack and a USB sound adapter plugged into another USB port on the RPI.

This is a very basic setup with minimal features just to show it is not too difficult to get something to provide remote control of the AR-DV1.

Please see attached a few screenshots of the Node-RED dashboard.

Dave

ARDV1_1.pngARDV1_2.pngARDV1_3.pngARDV1_4.png

RMW1010

Hi All,

For general information I have experimented a little with Node-RED (browser-based flow editor) for controlling the AR-DV1 and Mumble (voice over IP application) for a remote audio link.

Both Node-RED and Mumble (Server and Client) can be installed on the Raspberry Pi, I have them installed on a RPI3B+. The setup is running on a local WIFI network, security aspects would probably preclude external Internet access.

The control interface is connected directly to the AR-DV1 from one of the RPI’s USB ports. The audio interface is connected to the AR-DV1 headphone jack and a USB sound adapter plugged into another USB port on the RPI.

This is a very basic setup with minimal features just to show it is not too difficult to get something to provide remote control of the AR-DV1.

Please see attached a few screenshots of the Node-RED dashboard.

Dave

View attachment 80943View attachment 80944View attachment 80945View attachment 80946

Looks very impressive.
Well done.

hamradionl

@G8PTN,
Very nice impressive setup !
Did you test this with Zello APP+Fox using external audio cable to DV1 to the mic input for zello?

G8PTN

@G8PTN,
Very nice impressive setup !
Did you test this with Zello APP+Fox using external audio cable to DV1 to the mic input for zello?

Regarding the question about Zello, I have not linked it to the AR-DV1, but I am sure it would work fine as an audio link, although I don’t think there is a direct install for the Raspberry Pi. The latency on Zello can also be quite large.

With respect to Node-Red control, I initially used MQTT messages to an ESP32 Arduino WIFI module linked to a USB host device which was then connected to the AR-DV1. This worked but used the RPI for the MQTT/Node-RED servers, so making the connection directly to the RPI makes things a bit neater and allows for the audio link as well.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.