AR-DV10 Firmware update v2101A

Status
Not open for further replies.

grosminet

first bug
press menu ,then search (menu 4) , exec .. ardv10 freeze . battery removal and all settings clear . (one year to do that ...)

MStep

I can't take my DV1 out of the "loop" right now to test, but has anyone spotted this on the DV1 version of the firmware yet?

sklpl

I do not face this problem (SRCH->EXEC) on new software, however just after the upgrade I ended up with empty memory and I had the issues with loading it from backup. Device was not even able to enter MEM mode. After few attempts of "Full reset" I tried to write some random frequency from VFO info MEM and after that I was able to load everything from the system, channels, banks etc. backup without any issues.

I have also tested the tetra trunk mode on DV10, please read my review post in DV1 thread.

sklpl

One more thing, I have received following information via email directly from AOR when purchasing the activation code:

Known issues with AR-DV10 v2101A :
Some users reported following issues. When updating to AR-DV10 firmware
version 2101A, reading the system backup file may fail and data in the
search bank and memory bank may be lost. We will release fixed firmware
shortly, but until then, create separate memory data files such as memory
banks and search banks(ex. MEMCH.csv,SRCHBK.csv etc.) and load them.

racingfan360

Not sure how anyone else is getting on but I found 2102A to be just as much of a nightmare as I think sklpl did with 2101A. Restoring MEMCH or SCHBK from a 1912A firmware version didn't help. Then it froze several times. When i reverted back to 1912A then it wouldn't backup system.csv properly either, it set several memory channels to PASS, and even at one stage started randomly scanning a priority channel that wasn't even in the memory banks every 4 secs.

Luckily I tried sklpl's method of loading 2102A, then over writing one of the memory channels. Thanks for posting that sklpl. After that, the rest of the .csv settings magically worked. I just had to re-write that single memory channel to get back to where I wanted to be. So I strongly recommend you make lots of backups at each stage.

>Some users reported following issues.
Maybe when AOR say 'some users' they actually mean 'everyone who doesn't work for AOR'?

I've worked with 100's of consumer-grade and technology complex items before, and never known any bit of electronics to have such a flaky firmware upgrade path: I'm not sure who AOR used test this upgrade, but they must have a pretty low IQ to have passed it (and no I don't mean I/Q).

c0ne

Not sure how anyone else is getting on but I found 2102A to be just as much of a nightmare as I think sklpl did with 2101A. Restoring MEMCH or SCHBK from a 1912A firmware version didn't help. Then it froze several times. When i reverted back to 1912A then it wouldn't backup system.csv properly either, it set several memory channels to PASS, and even at one stage started randomly scanning a priority channel that wasn't even in the memory banks every 4 secs.

Luckily I tried sklpl's method of loading 2102A, then over writing one of the memory channels. Thanks for posting that sklpl. After that, the rest of the .csv settings magically worked. I just had to re-write that single memory channel to get back to where I wanted to be. So I strongly recommend you make lots of backups at each stage.

>Some users reported following issues.
Maybe when AOR say 'some users' they actually mean 'everyone who doesn't work for AOR'?

I've worked with 100's of consumer-grade and technology complex items before, and never known any bit of electronics to have such a flaky firmware upgrade path: I'm not sure who AOR used test this upgrade, but they must have a pretty low IQ to have passed it (and no I don't mean I/Q).
They are pretty good a writing buggy code and hardly testing it. I gave up on restoring the backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.