AR license

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecatohio

im in fairfield county and looking for info on how to obtain my amature radio operating license.. see theres a club in lancster but didnt see info on it.. im wanting to assist on operations with severe weather and work with the special ops team.. all info would greatly be appreciated....

ka4gfy

You can also locate information about clubs nearby by going to ARRL's webpage: www.arrl.org. Click on "clubs"

Put in your zip code and choose the distance around you to search. The website will give you info about all the clubs in that area, including links to their webpages.

Rich, KA4GFY

Intellifax

The Dayton Hamvention is again giving free testing this upcoming May during the Hamvention, Friday and Saturday only. Google them for more info.

Going to the Hamvention is sort of a right of passage thing, especially for somebody so close. :)

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
im in fairfield county and looking for info on how to obtain my amature radio operating license.. see theres a club in lancster but didnt see info on it.. im wanting to assist on operations with severe weather and work with the special ops team.. all info would greatly be appreciated....

Found with a 3 second google search

Welcome to K8QIK, The Lancaster and Fairfield County Amateur Radio Club, Inc.

If you are interested in weather spotting the seminar below does not require a license and is recommended if you want to get into weather spotting.

Franklin County Emergency Management and Homeland Security (FCEM&HS) and The Ohio State University Emergency Management will co-sponsor the annual Tornado and Severe Weather Spotter Seminar by the National Weather Service (NWS) on Saturday, March 1, 2014 beginning at 9:00 a.m. at The Fawcett Center, 2400 Olentangy River Road, Columbus.

Click here for a list of Volunteer Organization Links

Last edited:

oesjmr

Premium Subscriber
I took my exam at the K8QIK clubhouse. It's across from the OU Lancaster campus, next to the old health department building. The guys there do it by appointment with a $15 fee. It's nice that you can study at your own pace and call them to test when you're ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.