ar2800 disc tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennislv

Can someone please provide info for a discriminator tap for the ar-2800 radio?

Thanks in advance!
-Dennis

andy101202

I currently have a 2800 and you will find absolutly nothing about it mine is in for repair and even aor wont help!!
I need some detailed pictures of the wires into the display pcb and front pcb I got some before but need more. If you pm me your e mail address I can send you the manuals and a few other bits I have for this mamzing rig.

morfis

Further to my last, the AR2800 is shown as having a TA7640 with tap point as pin 9

morfis

Morfis do you have a schematic for this radio?

Sorry, no. Not a radio I've ever seen so have never had reason to get a manual. You could try Waters & Stanton. They took over the UK part of AOR a while back and I guess that would include any stock and probably at least one of the staff.

East_Algoma

I have a AOR 2800 , I found this on the AOR tap : http://www.discriminator.nl/ic/index.html

TIP : I used an older Radio Shack table top model , and because im lazy...I used the EAR PHONE JACK..just snipped the wires....then ran the newly snipped Ear Phone Jack wires to my internal guts for a TAP...worked well on 2 scanners I have...by leaving the Ear Phone jack in place , it reduces the parts as well as there is only 1 jack on the scanner...its doubtful you'll use the jack for audio anyways...you want the base band audio , and thats exactly what it does, just very neat n clean.

johnr5329

Is it normal to only get output on pin9 when in WFM?

Response from AOR on a problem I was having:

The green wire is for constant level of audio output (impedance is 10Kohm).
It should be present. How about Grey wire? The Grey wire is for a detector output on SFM and NFM mode.
If you get a signal from grey wire and no audio from green wire, then there might be a cold soldering or bad soldering
on the interface board on the receiver.

(end copy/paste)

On the interface cable (not the IC which I think you are referring to), this is PIIN 8 (Grey wire). Behavior sounds the same as what you are experiencing though (and the "problem" I was having.

On the interface cable, PIN 6 (not sure if this is on the IC, this is green in the cable) is Audio out. This looks like it requires squelch to be implemented outside the radio if you are only interested in voice communications. I am researching this now.

johnr5329

Behavior sounds the same as what you are experiencing though (and the "problem" I was having.
/QUOTE]

OK...I re-read what you wrote and it does not look like the problem I was having. In my case the discriminator tap was NOT outputting in WFM mode. I would like to have your problem as I only get output in the modes as specified by AOR (SFM and NFM). Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.