AR777 still active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I found this very old reference in the wiki...

Now I *think* I read somewhere that this track is no longer in the AP1B, but folks were still hearing activity in it. Is this true? And are the frequencies shown here still correct? If not, what are the right ones?

Mike

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
<sigh> I'm not in that area where the AR777 covered. From the looks of it, it's in the NJ / NY / Conn region (looks like JFK airport NYC is a major civilian control point). As I mentioned in my original message (ahem) the AP1/B doesn't have it (it stops at AR727)- yet I'm pretty sure that someone here mentioned that they had heard activity here recently.

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
OK with a little more homework, I *think* I've at least identified the entry/exit points, but they need validation that they're still part of AR777. If we assume that the sector names didn't change, KZNY Atlantic should be 133.50/354.00 (which matches the second frequency that's on the chart). KZNY Joboc should be 125.925/284.75 which matches the first frequency in the chart. The KZNY frequencies are here;

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Interesting; those freqs haven't changed in many years, but the ARTCC ones did. I'll see if I can edit this image and put the new freqs out there....thanks....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.