AR8000 Service Manual/ Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

cap_sk8

Does anyone have the schematic for the AR8000?

The center conductor for my antenna connector broke off.

At the base of the antenna center conductor, looks like there was a white resistor/ component. Trying to find a replacement but the markings have worn off.

Anyone know what the component is and the value? and confirm if it goes to 'J1' on the board.

Any insight would be appreciated.

mancow

Database Admin
If I remember right I discarded it when I replaced the BNC on mine. I think it's just basically a plastic holder to keep the wire in place when they were soldering it.

morfis

cap_sk8 said:

At the base of the antenna center conductor, looks like there was a white resistor/ component. Trying to find a replacement but the markings have worn off.

Anyone know what the component is and the value? and confirm if it goes to 'J1' on the board.

There are no electrical components between the aerial and the circuit board connection for it at J1

cap_sk8

Thanks for the quick reply. I just got concerned when the multi-meter came back with some very low values for it.

Wanted to verify before soldering a new wire to the connector.

Thanks again.

yaesumofo

For a nominal fee AOR USA will replace that connector for you. call them and ask for TAKA he is an amazingly skilled tech and a nice guy. While you are at it have the radio Aligned (peaked and tweaked).
They have do this for me in the past. cost me about $100 including the connector replacment

I have got to say that even to this day when I open the 8000 I find it to be a marvel. It is such a beautifuly designed radio. all of those components so perfectly layed out. Beautiful. what a peice of work.
There was one mod which switched out the murata filter which tightened the selectivity a bit. I have 2 8000's one is clear blue. It is the only blue AOR-8000 in the usa that I know of. It is really cool.
I will never give up my 8000's.
To this day it is still one of the best Hand held receivers out there.
Yaesumofo

cap_sk8 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.