AR8200B PLL Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAZ7ED

Feed Provider
I have a AR8200B that displays a PLL Error. AOR wanted $180 to fix it ("if they can locate parts") or $200 to send a refurbished model. Does anyone know if there is something I can do to fix it? In the meantime I purchase a Uniden BCD396T. I will NEVER purchase another AOR product.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
From the manual: PLL ERROR. If the radio circuit is unable to tune the AR8200 to the programmed frequency a PLL ERROR (Phase Lock Loop) may result. Check that the problem is not caused by corrupt data stored erroneously in a memory channel, memory bank or search bank. Ensure that sufficient voltage is being provided by the power supply. Failing this, contact your supplier for assistance.

From Strong Signals: # One nasty problem I had on my original 8200 was that the battery saver feature was able to unlock the PLL (a piece of radio circuitry which assures that the radio remains tuned to the requested frequency) which effectively negates the radio's ability to receive a signal
# On my 8200 all I had to do was turn on the power saver, wait for it to go into power saver mode, then turn the squelch fully open or hold down the Monitor key. Instead of opening the squelch and getting a rush of static like you'd expect, the radio would, instead, respond by display "PLL Error". To remove this error, I had to tune to another frequency

Last edited:

morfis

sseelbinder said:
I have a AR8200B that displays a PLL Error. AOR wanted $180 to fix it ("if they can locate parts") or $200 to send a refurbished model. Does anyone know if there is something I can do to fix it? In the meantime I purchase a Uniden BCD396T. I will NEVER purchase another AOR product.

Can you make it clear that it was AOR USA Inc. who quoted $180 dollars for a repair?....without actually finding out what the problem was first?

I have never come across a company that would make a quote without knowledge of the ACTUAL problem.

AOR UK Ltd have one of the best customer service responses I have come accross anywhere in the world.

As stated in the previous reply, ensure you have no corrupt data stored in the eeprom. A corrupted memory channel is the usual cause.

Matty777

My Old AOR 8000 used to do this regular during scanning.

All it was, was a low battery. If you get it, change batteries to a spare fully charged set (or some Duracell alkalines) and see if it pops up again.

That may be the very cheap answer, hope it's not more expensive than that.

cristisphoto

I would try a Hard Reset to even Just a soft
And/or Disconnect ALLL power sources from your 8200B
Then go from there....

Also there should be a Yahoo group on the receiver

Good Luck
Crista

Status
Not open for further replies.