AR8200Mk3 Transfer Memory channel to 2VFO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Hello again,

I'm trying to transfer the data from a memory channel to the active VFO in 2VFO Mode.

The key combo in the manual seems pretty straightforward:

"When the AR8200 has stopped on an active frequency in memory read, scan or search mode, use the key sequence PUSH Func + PUSH (2VFO) to transfer the frequency to the active (upper VFO). The AR8200 will revert to 2VFO mode where the frequency may be monitored."

But this is not working for me, or at least it doesn't work the way I think it should. That key combo actually does work if it's done "on the fly". In other words, if the radio is scanning and stops on an active channel, if I hit Func + 2VFO quickly it will transfer the memory data to 2VFO. But if I stop scanning and then scroll to the memory channel I want, or navigate to it with the keypad, then nothing seems to work.

I can of course enter the data manually into 2VFO, but it seems like there should be a way to manually select the channel you want to transfer to 2VFO. Not every channel you may want to transfer is going to be an active one. Am I missing something here, or is "on the fly" all we get for this function?

Thanks for the help!

"When the AR8200 has stopped on an active frequency in memory read, scan or search mode, use the key sequence PUSH Func + PUSH (2VFO) to transfer the frequency to the active (upper VFO). The AR8200 will revert to 2VFO mode where the frequency may be monitored."

I don't actually recall ever trying this on my 8200 mk2, and like you I've just found out that it doesn't work.
As it happens this option DOES work on the older AR8000's, which is odd if they've included it in the 8200 manual.

Fast1eddie

Guys, I have had many AOR products over the years and still find the learning curve somewhat akin to high school algebra. I bought the CTCSS card and was monkeying with it today. This old man realized that sometimes one just has to go back and review the intro chapters to get the proper keypad push. Think I have it working but the jury is still out.

Anyone using accessory cards???

Status
Not open for further replies.