AR8200MKIIIB Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
I am new to this receiver.Thanking about purchasing one. What exactly can i here on this receiver.

Mike-KC8OWL

With an 8200 MK3 you can monitor just about anything as long as it is not a trunking system or a digital signal (AOR does offer a P25 decoder card for the 8200 however).

The radio will cover everything from the AM Broadcast Band up through 2GHz and beyond - all very well. It also have virtually every mode one would need to listen to anything in that range including several AM and FM modes (different bandwidths), USB, LSB, and CW.

The radio does come with a heavy learning curve but that is only because it can so much.

I find I use mine regularly to monitor aircraft, military air activity, and to search for new things in several bands. I have also successfully used it to monitor trans-oceanic HF air activity using the supplied whip antenna.

It is not a simple "program and go" scanner but it is a serious monitoring tool that is pretty much in a class by itself.

Good luck

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
With an 8200 MK3 you can monitor just about anything as long as it is not a trunking system or a digital signal (AOR does offer a P25 decoder card for the 8200 however).

The radio will cover everything from the AM Broadcast Band up through 2GHz and beyond - all very well. It also have virtually every mode one would need to listen to anything in that range including several AM and FM modes (different bandwidths), USB, LSB, and CW.

The radio does come with a heavy learning curve but that is only because it can so much.

I find I use mine regularly to monitor aircraft, military air activity, and to search for new things in several bands. I have also successfully used it to monitor trans-oceanic HF air activity using the supplied whip antenna.

It is not a simple "program and go" scanner but it is a serious monitoring tool that is pretty much in a class by itself.

Good luck

Ok thank's for the info.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Before you decide on the Ar8200mk3 , take a look at the Icom IC-R20. I feel that it's the best wide band receiver ever made. The ar8200mk3 programming cable and add on cards are $$ pricey. The R-20 uses a standard usb cable which can be easily found.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Before you decide on the Ar8200mk3 , take a look at the Icom IC-R20. I feel that it's the best wide band receiver ever made. The ar8200mk3 programming cable and add on cards are $$ pricey. The R-20 uses a standard usb cable which can be easily found.

I was looking at that one also but will i be able to listen to the same thang like the ar8200mk3.as far as the function mode.

Turbo68

I use the Aor-8200MK3/Icom-R20 to monitor airbands,buses,hf utilities,security,trams,trains both h/h receivers do an excellent job across all bands with the right antenna.

Regards Lino.
AOR-3000,AOR-3000A,AOR-8200MK3,GRE-PSR500,ICOM-RX7,ICOM-R3,ICOM-R20,ICOM-R75
ICOM-PCR1000,ICOM-PCR1500,ICOM-PCR2500,PALSTAR-R30A,REALISTIC-PRO2035,UNIDEN-245
UNIDEN-396,UNIDEN-780,YAESU-VX7R,YAESU-FT8800,YAESU-VR500

Status
Not open for further replies.