AR8600 dynamic range

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8vzq

I finally got around to measuring the dynamic range on my 8600Mk2B. My results were not stellar but seem to parallel my listening experience.

IMD dynamic range varied from 61 dB to 73 dB. Measured at 1, 2, 5,10,15, 20, 25 and 30 MHz using the 20Khz/40Khz method.
Highest IP3 level was -30.5 dBm. Blocking dynamic range across same band was mixed range from 64 to 71 dB using 20 Khz spaced signals.
MDS varied from a very hot -140 dBm to a respectable -125 dBm.

Test equipment configuration: 2 Marconi 2947's each set @ -30 dBm output. Connected via 10 dB attenuators to a BNC tee.
The tee connected to a 0-70 dB, 10 dB step attenuator then to a 0-10 dB, 1 dB step attenuator then to the AR-8600.
S/N ratio was measured using one of the 2947s.

Has anyone else attempted to measure? Were your results similar? Can anyone from AOR confirm these performance figures?

same message posted on Yahoo AR8600 group

Fast1eddie

Well I will give you an A for effort!!! Although my service experiences with Taka at AOR - US have been professional and informative, Uniden seems to have a nice manufacturer-user channel going. AOR and the others could learn from reading past exchanges between Mr. Ortiz of Uniden and our community. I have always been a big AOR user, but you can bet my next upgrade will be a Uniden product.

Sorry 'bout that......

johnr5329

You have any dynamic range info to share? Or did you mean to start a new unrelated thread?

Fast1eddie

Negative. Just wanted to post my thoughts complimenting Uniden's marketing and communication efforts to present and new users. If you read into my post, it would have been apparent to you. Nothing against AOR, they can start with their site and refresh it often with technical information and such.

You a forum cop???

Status
Not open for further replies.