AR8600 panadapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

w4rtt

Going to be acquiring a nice used AR8600 and was wondering if anyone (s) have interfaced one to a panadapter.

Randy
W4RTT

osros

Feed Provider
Hi, probably does not help you but been playing with getting my old AR5000A going again with a panadapter. I matched it up with a ELad FDM-S2 SDR I have, it seems to work okay but no control of the radio which I would like. However I did notice the software has specific settings for AR8600 control as part of the Advanced settings, Special Modes for use with 10.7mhz input.

Still playing with it and learning so will see what can be done with it. I also saw a video with again a AR5000 10.7 output feed into a SDRPlay SDR and working.

Sorry no experience with AR8600 nice gear tho, good luck!

Sybaris

Hi, probably does not help you but been playing with getting my old AR5000A going again with a panadapter. I matched it up with a ELad FDM-S2 SDR I have, it seems to work okay but no control of the radio which I would like. However I did notice the software has specific settings for AR8600 control as part of the Advanced settings, Special Modes for use with 10.7mhz input.

Still playing with it and learning so will see what can be done with it. I also saw a video with again a AR5000 10.7 output feed into a SDRPlay SDR and working.

Sorry no experience with AR8600 nice gear tho, good luck!

Did you ever get control of the AR with the software or did you switch to something else?

I was wanting to use the ELAD GUI as well with my AR 5000+3 but by your post it doesn't appear to work.

Also I was curious if you had to use an SDR as a panadapter with the same or higher freq range to utilize the high end of the AR5000. It seems by your post you don't as the FDM-S2 only goes to 160Mhz. Is that correct?

pindrop

RFSpace SDR-IQ works as a panadapter for the AR5000+3. You can also enable virtual audio cable to decode digital signals on the OutputSetup tab. It should also work with the AR8600. SDR-IQ only has 190 khz of filter bandwidth.

Attachments

• SpectraVue Decoding 162.475 Weather Channel.PNG
    SpectraVue Decoding 162.475 Weather Channel.PNG
    303.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Data Output Selection SDR-IQ.PNG
    Data Output Selection SDR-IQ.PNG
    27.2 KB · Views: 8
  • SDR-IQ Settings.PNG
    SDR-IQ Settings.PNG
    18.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 190 khz Filter Bandwidth.PNG
    190 khz Filter Bandwidth.PNG