aransas county

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaos90

Hi new to this im trying to find out the reason there is no live feed in rockport my friend was able to find one broadcasting with his android device but i have been unsucessful in finding one. Im just wondering if there was a specific reason or just no oneu repeating the frequency

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Aransas County

Hi new to this im trying to find out the reason there is no live feed in rockport my friend was able to find one broadcasting with his android device but i have been unsucessful in finding one. Im just wondering if there was a specific reason or just no oneu repeating the frequency

From what I can see, there is no online audio specific to your county. If you go to "Live Audio" on the RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference page & click on Texas, you can see the counties in blue around you that do.

From what I am seeing, Nueces, Bee & Calhoun are the only counties that are currently providing a feed in your immediate area.

When I reviewed you county, provided the RR data is accurate, you should be able to monitor county law enforcement with an analog scanner. These can be purchased for less than $70 in most cases. Sometimes, you can get a brand new radio for a very cheap price.

However, law enforcement and emergency services will be migrating to digital radios in the near future. But, when digital migration happens, an analog scanner will still be capable of listening to Skywarn frequencies, ham radio, etc.

Sometimes, you can find digital scanners in pawn shops for cheap prices, particularly when these stores don't know much about these radios. I strongly recommend that you find someone who knows something about digital radios before you make a purchase, if you so decide.

Radio Shack has sales on the Pro-106 and Pro-197 radios (two digital models) on an intermittent basis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.