Arapahoe County Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

Are the best sites to use for Arapahoe County and municipalities (Metcom, Littleton, Englewood, GWV etc) still the following:

DTB, Chevron, Smoky Hill and Arapahoe Admin?

Thanks.

Last edited:

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Yes, the sites you list would be the best.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Are the best sites to use for Arapahoe County and municipalities (Metcom, Littleton, Englewood, GWV etc) still the following:

DTB, Chevron, Smoky Hill and Arapahoe Admin?

Thanks.

My order would be

#1: Chevron
#2: Bennett (if you want Eastern Arap County)
#3: Glendale
#4: Smoky Hill
#5: Admin (Littleton downtown site is very limited)

But for the most part unless you want to monitor CSP Greenwood (Chevron) is all you need.

Jim<

ch40n1k

My order would be

#1: Chevron
#2: Bennett (if you want Eastern Arap County)
#3: Glendale
#4: Smoky Hill
#5: Admin (Littleton downtown site is very limited)

But for the most part unless you want to monitor CSP Greenwood (Chevron) is all you need.

Jim<

Question for you Jim ... on your PSR-600, do you use the stationary or roam setting on the DTRS system? I seem to be missing a lot of stuff on my 600 for some reason.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Just use my PSR-500/600 for EDACS ESK mainly still love Pro-96/2096's for DTRS.

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
The frequencies for the Araphoe Admin site in Littleton and Deer Trail site are identical so you are most likely hearing the Littleton site in Englewood.

playj2

Digital Hmm

Ok guys so im new to the orum and new to the digital world. Im used to the edac's and analog systems. so i have a really dumb question to a really smart person that knows digital. So I have the Pro-96 running win96 no issues nice template and all that. So the question is do i need to have these digital freqs programmed in a certain order like the edac or does it not make a differance? And why would I hear static coming from a site on a bank? And why wont I get a ID from a site? Sometimes it will only show the site but I dont know whos talking
Thanks

Last edited:

ch40n1k

Ok guys so im new to the orum and new to the digital world. Im used to the edac's and analog systems. so i have a really dumb question to a really smart person that knows digital. So I have the Pro-96 running win96 no issues nice template and all that. So the question is do i need to have these digital freqs programmed in a certain order like the edac or does it not make a differance? And why would I hear static coming from a site on a bank? And why wont I get a ID from a site? Sometimes it will only show the site but I dont know whos talking
Thanks

With the DTRS (digital) system, you only need to program in the control channels in any order.

luke-1

Just use my PSR-500/600 for EDACS ESK mainly still love Pro-96/2096's for DTRS.

Jim<

I'm doing the same thing with my PSR-600

I have the same problem scanning the DTRS with the PSR, my 2096's and Pro-96's do a much better job. I have messed with every setting possible on the PSR, but it does not work as well.

Also, I agree with Jim 100%...just use Chevron if that site is clear from your location.
Less sites is better, one is best, if you are stationary.

I currently have my "multi site mode" set to "off" with only one site (Chevron) entered
and that seems to work the best, but I still miss a lot of traffic that the Radio Shack radios will get.

playj2

well the thing is im mobile, normally in the douglas,jeffco, and littleton areas. so what i did was i programmed the sites in corrospondents to the banks. so like jeffco i have on bank 2 and i have like lookout mtn riley peak and a few more programmed in bank 2 running it closed with LE Disptach and Data programmed to it. But then it gets alittle more tough when i want like littleton pd, i put littleton on bank 3 and it seems like i have to use alot of sites to get traffic. Am i headed in the right direction with this? And anyone know as to why I wouldent get talk id's on the screen with transmits? Like I see it happen on chevron and DTB the most.

Last edited:

ch40n1k

I'm doing the same thing with my PSR-600

I have the same problem scanning the DTRS with the PSR, my 2096's and Pro-96's do a much better job. I have messed with every setting possible on the PSR, but it does not work as well.

Also, I agree with Jim 100%...just use Chevron if that site is clear from your location.
Less sites is better, one is best, if you are stationary.

I currently have my "multi site mode" set to "off" with only one site (Chevron) entered
and that seems to work the best, but I still miss a lot of traffic that the Radio Shack radios will get.

Yeah ... I've noticed when comparing reception on the 96 to the 500/600 that I seem to miss a lot more on the GRE's.
Thanks for all the info guys.

luke-1

well the thing is im mobile, normally in the douglas,jeffco, and littleton areas. so what i did was i programmed the sites in corrospondents to the banks. so like jeffco i have on bank 2 and i have like lookout mtn riley peak and a few more programmed in bank 2 running it closed with LE Disptach and Data programmed to it. But then it gets alittle more tough when i want like littleton pd, i put littleton on bank 3 and it seems like i have to use alot of sites to get traffic. Am i headed in the right direction with this? And anyone know as to why I wouldent get talk id's on the screen with transmits? Like I see it happen on chevron and DTB the most.

I still say less is better-

For Douglas and Littleton, Chevron works great and is available pretty much everywhere
in the south metro area. In fact some areas up North will get it (I am assuming you don't go too far south in Douglas county).

If you are in downtown Littleton area, then maybe also put that site in also, but keep the sites to a minimum because with multiple sites in the radio, you are forcing the radio to scan sites and them scan for TG's on each site. I have tried changing the "Multi site Mode", but it doesn't seem to really change anything. This is the main reason you will miss traffic. It takes too long for it to do that.

For Jeffco, just use Lookout. It is a very wide coverage site and is available pretty much anywhere in the metro area.

The radio ID function is hit or miss on any site. Even on Computer logging software they don't always show up, even with a strong signal.

Last edited:

luke-1

Ok-

I just realized that I was talking to two different people about two different radios :)

My last post is referring to the PSR radio's

Now, for playj2, most of my last post is also true for your Pro-96. I would use the sites listed in my last post. As far as the TG ID's (I was thingking radio ID's on the PSR's),
they should show up fine on the Pro-96. and if you have them alpha labeled, that should show up also just fine. My first thought would be that you are not getting a strong enough signal off of a particular site. Try just using the sites I mentioned and see if that helps.

ch40n1k

Ok-

I just realized that I was talking to two different people about two different radios :)

My last post is referring to the PSR radio's

Now, for playj2, most of my last post is also true for your Pro-96. I would use the sites listed in my last post. As far as the TG ID's (I was thingking radio ID's on the PSR's),
they should show up fine on the Pro-96. and if you have them alpha labeled, that should show up also just fine. My first thought would be that you are not getting a strong enough signal off of a particular site. Try just using the sites I mentioned and see if that helps.

It was a swift hijack indeed. I don't mind. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.