Arapahoe Rescue Patrol 3

CharlieKe

Premium Subscriber
In the last few days I have starting hearing repeater traffic on 155.295 (131.8 PL). This is listed at Arapahoe Rescue 3, though I don't recall hearing anything there until recently, and the signal is not very strong here about 4 miles west of I-25 near Arapahoe Road. Does anyone know anything about this repeater?

Spitfire8520

Might be completely clueless! =)
It is licensed by Arapahoe Rescue Patrol for simplex operations statewide under WQNX736. They have a base station registered at South Metro Fire Rescue Station 12, but that is pretty much it for a fixed location and is probably not all that useful outside of the immediate Littleton area. As with all simplex frequencies, you would have to be close to the transmitting radio or in a good position relative to the transmitting radio to be able to consistently hear traffic.

My guess is that they favor their DTRS talkgroup over their VHF frequency since it has better wide area coverage and that could be why you do not hear that frequency as much.

CharlieKe

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. That is pretty much what the database says. This signal is a repeater, and it seems unlikely a repeater at station 12 (2.5mi distant) would be this weak here, unless it really very low power, and therefore would have very little coverage. I thought perhaps someone might know of something new.