arc 300 demo not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

NX1V

Hi all, I have looked and looked for the answer to my problem and can't find it so I am asking here. I paid for a premium subcription so I could download data right from the site to my scanner, and downloaded arc 300 which is supposed to work with my pro 164. I have been trying for 2 days now to get this thing to work. I have the program pretty much figured out on how to choose what I want to download but I can't get anything into my scanner. I bought the 20-047 cable. I can't figure out where my problem is. 1. is the demo fully functional or do I need to buy it before I can download frequencies into my scanner? 2. The program is set to com 3, com 3 is being used in my computer and I can't find anywhere in the program to change it to another port. 3. Do I use the cable with or without the little adapter? If I use the adapter nothing on my scanner screen changes and If I don't use it my scanner screen says "clone mode" but when I follow the instructions on screen I get a "no response" message. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the cable drivers and updating them. The manual said something about port 80 so I changed to that on my computer to no avail. I'm out of ideas I have tried every combination of settings on my computer and in the program that I can think of and can't get anything into my computer. Hope someone here can help me. Sorry for the lengthy post but just trying to give as much info as i can.

Thanks
Mark

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Where did you find "Com 3" as the USB to Serial Port?

It should be in Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT)

NX1V

HI, in the last screen in arc 300 where the button is to import there is a drop down menu to pick the comport, but the only option is com3. If I look in device manager on my computer that usb port is set to com 4 with com 3 set to "used" so I can't make the program and the computer match comports. Can't find anywhere in the program to change to com4, only options are "select" or "com3".

Thanks
Mark

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
The software shows all the available comports, if com4 is not shown it means either a different program is using com4 or there is a problem with the driver.
If you use Vista make sure you install a Vista compatible driver.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

NX1V

Hi, mine shows only com 3 and that's it, no others so I guess I have a problem somewhere. Maybe as someone suggested I need a vista compatible driver. But it's all over now anyway because I returned my Pro 146 scanner today and got my money back. I don't think that scanner is really what I want after all. I am going to put in more money and get a digital handheld. If anyone would like to recommend something I'm all ears. Thank you to everyone who replied to my thread, I appreciate your help.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.