ARC 500 Help Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

7eng

I am using the ARC 500 software with a RS Pro 106 scanner and need to paste talkgroup data into an existing Trunked Radio System file. I want to add numerous talkgroups without having to completely re-load the entire TRS data from RadioReference.com, but am having trouble doing so. How do I load just the TG info and add it to my existing scanner setup in ARC 500
Thanks for your help.

sphipps

Open the ARC500 scanner file... select "Talkgroups" from the left menu... select "Add" from the top menu buttons to add a new line at the end of the "Talkgroups" list... click on the fields of this new line with the right mouse button and select "Edit" to enter the required info for the talkgroup... move the line up or down the list using the top menu buttons to keep it organized with the other talkgroups for the system it goes with.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-23) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

ARC500 will read and write CSV files. Depending upon how much editing you want or need to do, you might want to export your current file into a spreadsheet or text editor. When dealing with significant amounts of data I find the CSV approach to be easier than pushing lines around. Just an idea. HTH.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I am using the ARC 500 software with a RS Pro 106 scanner and need to paste talkgroup data into an existing Trunked Radio System file. I want to add numerous talkgroups without having to completely re-load the entire TRS data from RadioReference.com, but am having trouble doing so. How do I load just the TG info and add it to my existing scanner setup in ARC 500
Thanks for your help.

You might also find this useful from our wiki

ARC500 User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

HTH...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.