ARC-500 or WIN500

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgbynum

Premium Subscriber
I have the demo version of ARC 500 and I just successfully loaded my new Pro-197 after a few tries. (Reading the directions several times helped!) I have seen the screen shots for WIN500 and I like the layout of it better. Does anyone have experience with both software packages that can give me an honest review of which one they liked the best? I have the seven day demo period and have subscribed to RR so I will be doing a lot of learning over the next few days. I am an experienced scanner user as well as adept with a PC. Thanks for honest opinions as I know a purchase of a package must be made. I would like to make sure I get the one best suited for my abilities.

n5ims

Both are good and do very similar jobs, but do it differenty. They both fully cover the features of the scanner. The choice of which is best isn't which one does the best job (they both tie on that) but is more "personal" than that. "Best" is the one that works most closely to how you "get it".

The best advice is to download both (well, WIN-500 in your case since you already have ARC-500) and compare them both to see which works best for you. WIN-500 has a free 30 day trial (it's the full version, the time limit and the reminder screen is simply turned off when you register) so it's no cost to do so. It's a simple unzip and run so there's no messy uninstall if you don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.