Arc 898t Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie to the forum, will try to make short and sweet.
I have Bearcat 898t and Uniden 2096 scanners which are bricks because of the rebanding in Spartanburg County. For my first attempt I ordered a software that I will not mention which seemed easy to set up but it does not work properly in the radio. It could be my fault as well. I have decided to try Arc 898t or another software that individuals in the Spartanburg area are familar with. My first choice would be
the Arc898t. In any case I am convinced that I am going to require some assistance. At 73 the old white matter is not what it used to be. I would also be willing to go with another software if it is possible to take a disk with Spartanburg and Greenville County frequencies loaded on it which could be transferred into
what eve software I need to purchse. Or is there any one within 50 miles of Spartanburg that would be willing to program the radio(s) for me, if so let my know the price. Thanks in advance, TR.

spooney

I have a BC898T and it supports rebanding. Uniden came out with firmware updates that allow you to add "Custom Band Plans" to the menu. I have never had to use software to prpgram my BC898T. Sounds like you need to update your scanner firmware and then put in the Uniden custom band plan info so it will scan properly.

Thanks. Problem is I have never programmed the scanner myself and the guy that did it is no longer in business. I don't have the slightest idea on how to create a custom band plan, but could probably do it with a cheat sheet. Even then there are some doubts in my mind. Thanks for the reply.

LarrySC

Being 73 is not an issue. I'm 73 till April. The 2096 you mentioned should be a PRO-2096 Radio Shack made by GRE America, Not Uniden. The usual rule of thumb is Butel is for Uniden and Starrsoft is for Radio Shack/GRE. There are lots of 2096's in Spartanburg area. I never owned an 898. I publish the Up State SC Scanner Frequency Directory which is updated daily. 70+ pages in WORD format. The data CANNOT be directly loaded into scanner. It's only a book. This may be of help if you want to try to program yourself. Contact me direct: larryscan@charter.net Pending any reply, Larry 864-246-3261 after 1pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.