ARC 996 and STARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

22b873

Premium Subscriber
I have programmed STARS in my 996T with ARC 996. I'm still not hearing anything. I've only put in my closest areas. It automatically sets it to APCO 25 (I cannot change it). What am I doing wrong? I see the correct frequencies but no hits.

gcgrotz

While scanning, does it say ID SCAN or ID SEARCH? If so, you should be getting something. Press SCAN while it is scanning until it says ID SEARCH, that will allow any talk group. Press hold and see if you get the control channel you think you should be getting, and also do you get an indication on the signal strength indicator? That will tell you at least that you have a signal. Cross check the db list for control channel frequencies vs what is in your file. Do you have talk groups programmed.

Hopefully, someone has a 996 file. I have a file or 2 for my 396 using ARC 396 but I don't think it works on yours.

22b873

Premium Subscriber
Switched to id search. Reprogrammed with control channels only. I only chose selected talk groups. Maybe I'm just not getting a good signal. If the signal bars shows up it only on two. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.