ARC DV1 PRO now with bandscope for DV1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Gommert! I had RR add an AR_DV1 Prefix to the Scanner Programming Software forum! You might want to post there as well.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Gommert, I'm embarassed but I can't find the option to launch the Band Scope in ARC_DV1 PRO. I use it in AR-XT PRO and it's listed in the 'SCANNER' pull down menu, but not in ARC_DV1.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Start > Programs > Butel > ARC DV1 PRO > ARC DV1 Bandscope beta

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Ok I didn't know it was a separate program this time. It's always been a pull down option within your regular programs. Because I was launching ARC_DV1 from an icon, I also didn't see the choice from within Windows. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:

DeepBlue

Gommert,
if you are taking any suggestions for this feature, I have a couple of minor suggestions that might help folk who like unattended logging and searching. A persistent setting on the scope sweep mode. That is, like a peak meter where hits stay on the screen. If I look away during a scan I might miss a "hit" but if I had the option to enable a view with all the hits on the screen after several sweeps that would help show a lot of potentially missed transmissions although the waterfall display pretty much already does this. With the possible addition of logging that isn't so much an issue I suppose but a visual reference in the sweep screen might be helpful too, at least for me. Many transmissions are so fast that if you aren't looking at the screen you will miss them but they do show up in the waterfall. Or, how about an option to make the hits on the waterfall portion taller (ie., expand the waterfall height) ? They would be more visible that way.

Also, making the currently scanned frequency and cursor position frequency a bit larger would help us old folks read where the sweep and cursor are at any given moment. I understand the speed of the sweep is out of everyone's control so sadly (AOR, are you listening?) we will have to make due with painstakingly slow sweeps, no matter what software we choose to use. It's just the way that is.

Bravo for adding this to the options for this radio. I still love my AR-DV1 but wish AOR would get into this century already, as far as waterfall displays and spectrum scopes, etc. Great job sir!

Loving it so far.

Thanks again,
Sean
Pro version owner and supporter.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Thanks, I will add an option that remembers all hits in a darker color. Our bandscope is the fastest since we use the scanners full search speed. Unfortunately AOR does not support FFT mode in the DV1 so this is as fast as it will get. There will be some more interesting options added soon to the bandscope.
Waterfalls are saved every hour, under My Documents\My Scanner Data Files\ARCDV1_bandscope you can see the stored waterfall pictures.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

BigEarsNL

Hi Gommert, its not working for me, using Windows 7 started the program as you described, i got the notification that the frequenties r not correct, 0144.0000-0146.0000 steps 20 and modulaties on auto, whatever freq i set, its always the same message, what is wrong, must i start the normal program first, i thought it was a stand alone program the bandscope?

Status
Not open for further replies.