ARC Easystream V.97 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else having issues with it not working or people not being able to connet to the server. My feed was fine and now no one can connet to the feed. I am using V.97 and a few of the guys are using client v.98 any ideas? Nothing has changed on my end?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Great, it wasn't just me having problems with it tonight. Somehow I managed to download the right version finally v.98 and I can't connect to any of the feeds so your's isn't the only one.

Chrome69 said:
Anyone else having issues with it not working or people not being able to connet to the server. My feed was fine and now no one can connet to the feed. I am using V.97 and a few of the guys are using client v.98 any ideas? Nothing has changed on my end?

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Chrome69 said:

I can't connect either and all others are fine so reset your server,

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Mine is actually working again, for some unknown reason my router changed the computers IP from xx.xx.xx.101 to xx.xx.xx.102.... Linksys routers... You got to love them....

wyldman

I can finally connect now,i've been trying for a few days.

You can set your IP's up as static in the router control panel,so they do not change.Assign the static IP's you want first,then set up your DCHP range for dynamic IP's higher than the static ones.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
no i will keep mine the way it is... It would be helpfull if people that listen to it would contact me when it goes down or offline...

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Ideally, anyone running a feed should ensure that the IP address of the "server" is static and that the ports are properly forwarded to said "server". DHCP is not the ideal way to do it. Most routers as mentioned will allow both DHCP and static. You're doing yourself and your listeners a favor by switching to static. To do so you'll also have to enter the gateway and DNS server(s) into the TCP/IP properties of your network card, along with of course the static IP address you'll use (more often than not 192.168.1.XXX or 192.168.0.XXX).

Status
Not open for further replies.