ARC-Easystream

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Anyone planning on setting up Easystream for streaming their scanner?

I used to run on teamspeak over at www.scannerbuff.org, where they have numerous agencies being fed into a high bandwidth reflector, but it used a measily 1.5k stream!

I must admit though, it was really nice to have LAPD, LASO, NYPD, Etc etc etc all in one non-stop shop for listening! The audio quality wasn't the best, but it was definately understandable considering how little bandwidth it used! I fed Brevard County Sheriff's Department through it to their system, but alas, my work PC died and I ended up bringing my feed server into the office - been running off of it ever since (cheap bastards of a company that I work for!)

Gommert, how much bandwidth is used by this app?

Jon/ KI4LIV

Last edited:

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Somerset County, NJ Feed

I've got a feed set up using this software, The info is below This feed is located in Somerset County, New Jersey:

IP/DNS: ScanSCNJ.homeip.net
Audio Port: 8100
Data Port: 8101

Currently Scanning:
Somerset County TRS
Bound Brook PD & FD
Middlesex PD, FD & OEM
County Fire Dispatch
County EMS Dispatch
SPEN 1
SPEN 2
SPEN 3
SPEN 4

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
mikea7531 said:
I've got a feed set up using this software, The info is below This feed is located in Somerset County, New Jersey:

IP/DNS: ScanSCNJ.homeip.net
Audio Port: 8100
Data Port: 8101

Currently Scanning:
Somerset County TRS
Bound Brook PD & FD
Middlesex PD, FD & OEM
County Fire Dispatch
County EMS Dispatch
SPEN 1
SPEN 2
SPEN 3
SPEN 4

how's is the software? do you like it? is it worth the cost? I think the cost was not too much but I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Personally, i like the software - i think it runs well, and is alot better than windows media encoder. However, with that being said, the current release is V0.90, and has some bugs at this time - but knowing butel, they'll have it worked it quickly. For me, i think it was worth it.

RISC777

mikea7531 :

Gommert's got it released and for sale already?

Documentation, I take it, is included?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Finally had time to sit down and play with this..I cannnot connect at all..I hit the connect buttin trying to connect to the demo VHF air server and it does nothing, at all, no messgaes or anything, it's like I'm clicking a dead button. Any ideas?

electricsheep

For those interested in text tags and live streaming audio, I know the author of IDtracker is going to release a new version right away that will be enable the feeding of meta data (alpha tags) to shoutcast servers using the oddcast plug in.

Bonus: It's free and works with winamp (which means you can have multiple winamp sessions running each playing back a different stream).

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Ok Gommert, Help :) This is getting aggervating. When I click the connect button on the client, absolutley nothing happens. Even if I click once and wait, and wait...So, I uninstalled and reinstalled and tried to connect without making any changes to the defualt setiings. still nothing. I even tried my server and It's still like I'm clicking a dead button.

I have the server up and running, displaying tags and I can stream and receive with no problems at all using Media Encoder/Media Player so I don't get what the issue is here. I mean how hard is it to push a "connect" button, :lol: :) Any Ideas??

mikea7531

Feed Provider
scanner_freak - are you able to connect to any other feeds? I have a feed up and the info for it is near the top of this thread. Let us know if you were able to connect.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
scanner_freak said:
Ok Gommert, Help :) This is getting aggervating. When I click the connect button on the client, absolutley nothing happens. Even if I click once and wait, and wait...So, I uninstalled and reinstalled and tried to connect without making any changes to the defualt setiings. still nothing. I even tried my server and It's still like I'm clicking a dead button.

I have the server up and running, displaying tags and I can stream and receive with no problems at all using Media Encoder/Media Player so I don't get what the issue is here. I mean how hard is it to push a "connect" button, :lol: :) Any Ideas??

Your firewall/router is blocking ports, you must configure your firewall/router and open the ports 8100 and 8101.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Why can I get to those ports through Media Player Then? It connects just fine using the exact same ports when I stream using Encoder...and Play using Media Player..Connects instantly.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
scanner_freak said:
Why can I get to those ports through Media Player Then? It connects just fine using the exact same ports when I stream using Encoder...and Play using Media Player..Connects instantly.
Depending on which firewall you're using, it may be blocking the Easy-Stream program itself instead of the ports themselves. Make sure it's set to permit it.
I had a problem with a different (non-scanner related) program when Norton Internet Security, after after an update, suddenly denied access to a program that had previously been granted internet rights.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Gommert,

Is there any chance of having support for more than 10 serial ports? I run serial splitting software/driver so that i can keep the feed up while making quick changes with the ARC250.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
scanner_freak said:

That's the way a firewall works, the fact that mediaplayer can connect does not mean other programs can use that port. Disable your firewall and try to connect to our demoserver. if that works you need to re-configure your firewall.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
mikea7531 said:
scanner_freak - are you able to connect to any other feeds? I have a feed up and the info for it is near the top of this thread. Let us know if you were able to connect.
mikea7531,

I have the same problem as scanner_freak. I get the green on yours but don't hear or see any activity - could be you are not sending at this time. However, still no connect on mine.

BTW, my Norton ask me to approve both the server and client the first time I started them. Reviewing the authorized programs indicates both are listed.

Last edited:

mikea7531

Feed Provider
The EasyStream server for some reason stopped streaming the scanner. I had to forcefully close the program, and reboot the server. It is back up now, and i enabled the State Police TRS for much more activity on the stream for listening pleasure.

I've had the feed up for a few days, and i've been able to get to it and listen from work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.