ARC-Easystream

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexmills

This software is great. but would not use it for my scanners as I have 3 online.But will use it for my control ICOM PRC1000 on line, the main reason is bandwith, I have 512 upload and 6Megs down,It is very fast on audio out of everything I have used.If it was just one svanner this is the software I would use Great Job Butel

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
alexmills said:
This software is great. but would not use it for my scanners as I have 3 online.But will use it for my control ICOM PRC1000 on line, the main reason is bandwith, I have 512 upload and 6Megs down,It is very fast on audio out of everything I have used.If it was just one svanner this is the software I would use Great Job Butel

Thank you, Since you only stream audio you can set the dataport to 0 (zero),

Gommert

kg4pbd

I'm running the demo version and it works well, two questions though:

The audio is choppy. I'm getting it both on my lan and connecting via the internet. I've played with the scanner volume as well as line in settings but I can't seem to eliminate it. It's not bad just a little annoying.

I assume you can't run ARC396 at the same time as Easystream server.
I tried but couldn't get control of the radio. The only reason I want to do that is to allow logging while running Easystream.

Very simple to set up though. Worked the first time I tried it.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Can someone test this IP/DNS: 192.168.1.100 in your ARC EasyStream Client?
TIA

Edit: Had to shut down, will try later.

Last edited:

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
fmon said:
Can someone test this IP/DNS: 192.168.1.100 in your ARC EasyStream Client?
TIA

Edit: Had to shut down, will try later.

This will not work, 192.168.x.x is a local IP address and you can only access it from your own local network. You either need your fixed IP address or use the free DNS software at no-ip.com and probably you have to route the traffic fron your router to the PC running the Eazystream server.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
kg4pbd said:
The audio is choppy. I'm getting it both on my lan and connecting via the internet. I've played with the scanner volume as well as line in settings but I can't seem to eliminate it. It's not bad just a little annoying.
I assume you can't run ARC396 at the same time as Easystream server.
I tried but couldn't get control of the radio. The only reason I want to do that is to allow logging while running Easystream.

Very simple to set up though. Worked the first time I tried it.

Choppy audio: Make sure there is no 'peer to peer' software running in your network consuming your network bandwidth. Also connect a set of speakers and check the audio at the server PC sounds ok.

Only one program can access a serial port so running ARC396 and Eazystream at same time will not work.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Butelsoftware said:
This will not work, 192.168.x.x is a local IP address and you can only access it from your own local network. You either need your fixed IP address or use the free DNS software at no-ip.com and probably you have to route the traffic fron your router to the PC running the Eazystream server.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com
Thanks, I kind of thought so.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Ok, finally had some time to play with this again and by gosh I got it up and runnin. Apparenty there was an extra setting in the firewall in addition to opening the ports..So, I got it. Anyone care to check it out for me? It is a Mix iof Conventional and 800 MHz digital

DNS: sesafe-t.shacknet.nu

Audio 8100

Data 8101

Let me know, I'm getting some echoeing, does anyone else hear it?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Yup, 5 x 5 audio and text. Michelle reported someone swerved to hit her dog (safe-t freq).

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
scanner_freak said:
LOL... so the echo and choppy audio is just on my end?
Some transmissions are a little choppy but most are very good. Thought I was the only one experiencing choppy coms. Started Saturday and still continuing on all of my scanners. Must be weather.

You mentioned opening ports. Do you mean here? I"m running XP home.

Last edited:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
No, I dont use Windows firewall..I use another program..Thanks for checkin it out for me..

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Echoing can be caused by the way the soundcard at the server is configured. Make sure that in the recording and playback setup of the card only one 'source' is selected, also make sure to update to the 0.95 release that is now available.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Butelsoftware said:
Echoing can be caused by the way the soundcard at the server is configured. Make sure that in the recording and playback setup of the card only one 'source' is selected, also make sure to update to the 0.95 release that is now available.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Thanks, Gommert. I did the update and it seems to be working much better. I had the audio correct so that was ok. I only had one complaint of choppy audio yesterday from the clients. the other 10 or so all said it sounded crystal clear. I think it is amazing the little delay there is..

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
kokomo1 said:
Anyone started a listing of all streams available?

That's a neat idea, and would make a dandy Wiki page. I'm sure the input would also be well received at the scannerfeeds.us website.

Question: In Windows XP, multiple programs can normally access the same soundcard. For example, my main feed runs on an XP box and the audio is available via Icecast and Teamspeak simultaneously. Has anyone tried running this software in addition to other pre-existing feed software on the same computer, and what were the results if so? I like the fact that there is virtually no audio delay, unlike the Icecast setup which has about a ten second delay, and requires three other programs to make it all work (Simplecast, and Serproxy and Monitor to send the alpha tags to Simplecast).

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
scanner_freak said:
I only had one complaint of choppy audio yesterday from the clients. the other 10 or so all said it sounded crystal clear. I think it is amazing the little delay there is..

Choppy audio is normally caused by a bandwidth problem / 'peer to peer' software running in the background at the client.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.