ARC-Easystream

Status
Not open for further replies.

pboy

fmon said:
Brian and Scanner_Freak,
I too have Linksys, but don't have anything in the control panel or program files for those setup dialogs. Where are they located?
Access via your Internet browser.

Put http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar. It will bring up a password dialog. Enter default pass word of admin.

While you're in there, it's a good idea to change that default password!

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
we could try it without the DNS i do have a straight IP
70.30.97.74 but where would i put that in the router

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
:) About time.... 8 hours later.... Finally got the *****.. Now i have get my wifes computer to work again... The linksys took a dump and i had to reset....

pboy

What is the "exit.txt" file that is created when the client exits?

It contains step"X" entries.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys for all your help, Have a question? Why doesn't the client store addresses it only stores the last one used and thats it.. Bit of a pain in the ass to switch IP's

scannerfreak

Database Admin
We said the same thing in this thread above and we were told that it will be for future use to store a list of known servers. Why it can't in the meantime be used to save recent URLs is beyond me..

pboy

Chrome69 said:
Scanner_Freak when you listened to my feed did you hear a hummmm in the audio?

Sorry to say as I listen now there is a hum.

It even shows as bars in the status window when talkgroups drop.

pboy

Chrome69 said:
k i have to get a new audio cable next week as well figure out where to put the new tower
Your feed sounds great even with the hum (not that objectionable).

A little signal chop. Is that what the new tower is about to cure?

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
no i wanted to set this up on a seperate machine (Tower)which it is.. I have to buy a good audio cable thats why the hum. I will be shutting it down soon but now I know what i need to get this puppy running correctly. The only problem is still where to place the computer tower and i guess i will have to move the scanner closer to it as well... You guys would laugh at how i have things hooked up right now. God i hate rewiring up my computer room..lol

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Your hum can likely be eliminated by the addition of a Ground Loop Isolator. These are available at Radio Shack and can also be searched up on EBay. I found a few on EBay for about $2.00 each and hacked them for use with 1/8" jacks and plugs. They work dandy.

The Radio Shack part number is 270-054 and retails for $16.99.

A good EBay source can be found at: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GROUND-LOOP...4586371QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50552QQcmdZViewItem

Those were $1.99 plus shipping.

This will almost certainly eliminate any hum issues on your feed; they've worked like a champ for me every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.