ARC Patrol RR connection help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcticWolf

Premium Subscriber
Finally loaded ARC Patrol for Home Patrol 1. When I click on "Radio Reference" to download, I get an "Error 0, no internet connection" followed by "Check your firewall". I read the mnaul and was directed to program a firewall port. I do not know how to do this.
I am logged onto the internet via cable, so internet is always available. I have Vista.
I have read all the posts on ARC software but nothing tells me how to set the firewall port. Could someone please tell me where to go for help ( Joined Uniden Community, however I can not post a question there, something is wrong.). I do very well at following directions.
Thanks for responding.

rwier

Finally loaded ARC Patrol for Home Patrol 1. When I click on "Radio Reference" to download, I get an "Error 0, no internet connection" followed by "Check your firewall". I read the mnaul and was directed to program a firewall port. I do not know how to do this.
I am logged onto the internet via cable, so internet is always available. I have Vista.
I have read all the posts on ARC software but nothing tells me how to set the firewall port. Could someone please tell me where to go for help ( Joined Uniden Community, however I can not post a question there, something is wrong.). I do very well at following directions.
Thanks for responding.

What firewall are you using? Someone using the same firewall might have the best answer.

ArcticWolf

Premium Subscriber
I have Windows Vista Home Premium V 6.0 2007 and a firwall through Kaspersky Internet Security.
I am able to turn the Kaspersky security off and work through the Vista Firewall.

ArcticWolf

Premium Subscriber
I checked my documentation and followed that guide and I still can not make a connection through the internet radio ref button. Here are the firewall settings I have made. Please advise if not correct.
ARC PATROL.Exe
Digital Signature: Missing Rule: Allow
Protocol: TCP Direction: inbound/outbound Remote Port: 80 Local Port: 80
Address: Any

ArcticWolf

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help and quick responses. I will contact the firewall provider and find out what is wrong. I do enjoy the software and I am able to copy and paste into it so all is not lost, just not as convenient.
Thanks again Gommert!

ArcticWolf

Premium Subscriber
I finally got the ARC Patrol to connect to RR site. If anyone else has a problem on Windows Vista, try going to start, Right click Computer, do admin pass if needed, Click on Manage, click on Services and Applications, click on Services, then scroll down list until an additional firewall or security system shows up, click on the item you do not need, then on left hand portion of window click on stop. I had 3 on my computer and only knew of 2, so a clicked on the 2 I did not need and now I am on just one firewall an am able to get right into RR site on ARC software products.

slrhandyman

Premium Subscriber
no internet connection, ck fire wall

I have same problem. tried yr fix did not work for me.
I tried direct connect to modem without router , not connecting to internet.
Any help there ??? I do use internet works fine.
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.