ARC PATROL, V - 2.02 - Build 1 (Full Version) funny stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwier

Payed, downloaded, and "attempted" to install ARC PATROL, V - 2.02 - Build 1 (Full Version). Near the end of the "install" I got a "error pop-up screen" titled "FreeScan" and stating that the file I was trying to use was on the FreeScan CD-ROM and to insert it (I have FreeScan installed but I don't believe I ever had a CD for the program).

One of my options was "Cancel" so I clicked "Cancel". This started an endless loop, repeating the pop-up message and me repeating my choice of "Cancel". All normal "clickable" choices on the monitor were impervious to mouse clicks, and only the Task Manager was able to break me free.

I proceeded to uninstall FreeScan (completely) and tried again. The results were the same. I redownloaded, unzipped, and attempted a new install of ARC PATROL. Same results.

After many attempts, for unknown reasons (I was in a bad mood), I hit the "cancel" as fast as I could, trying to get ahead of the loop. After about 15 clicks on the "Cancel" the loop broke, and the install continued in a normal manner to a successful conclusion.

Now, I have the ARC PATROL shortcut icon on my "desktop". When I click it, the above described endless loop returns. Now I go right to the "fast click" on the "Cancel" option. After 10-15 clicks the loop breaks and the program opens normally.

Now in the program I select "Read from HP-1". The pop-up error screen returns. Now, this time is a little different. I only need to click on "Cancel" one time and the program continues normally.

Well, I have discovered a workaround to what ever is happening. It would be nice to have all of this working properly.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:

10-75

Feed Provider
I was able to install mine today without too much trouble..... My problems started when I tried to run the program...... I tried to run the virtual control but as soon as I connect the USB cable the radio, it goes into "USB mass storage mode". And when I go to select a USB port on the VC screen, it doesn't show any available ports. Does yours work or am I missing something?:confused:

Ps: I have the latest upgrades.....

markab

Extreme

I was able to install mine today without too much trouble..... My problems started when I tried to run the program...... I tried to run the virtual control but as soon as I connect the USB cable the radio, it goes into "USB mass storage mode". And when I go to select a USB port on the VC screen, it doesn't show any available ports. Does yours work or am I missing something?:confused:

Do you have HP Extreme? It's required for raw data output.

Mark

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

I have the extreme (paid) upgrade on the Homepatrol with the latest firmware, and the serial drivers installed on my computer. The software and the virtual control works fine for me.

Last edited:

10-75

Feed Provider
Thanks for the responses.....Come to find out I didn't have the driver installed as I had thought that this was installed as part of the sentinel software install. Guess I was wrong. I installed the driver but it still will not give me the option to select the serial port. I don't have the extreme upgrade.....Do I need that to use the virtual control (That's considered RAW data output)? I can't see paying the money for the extreme upgrade for what it does and I'm a hard core scanner user but that's for another topic...... At this point, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep my unit...... I'm trying to monitor the Maricopa RWC system (From Phoenix) and I'm not happy with the units performance. I miss probably half of the FD dispatches (Comparing to whats coming over the VHF simulcast) and the audio is terrible on what I do receive. Thanks everybody for the help....

10-75

Feed Provider
I checked the ARC Patrol page and I saw no mention on the features page that you need the extreme upgrade to use the VC feature. With great reluctance, I purchased the extreme upgrade..... I'm still not sure why I did.... Once you do the upgrade to the HP-1 and when you plug in the USB cable, the HP-1 now will come up with a screen asking whether you want USB or Serial mode.... So yes, you need the extreme upgrade to use the VC in ARC Patrol..... Now I just need to figure out why my radios performance sucks....

OCO

I checked the ARC Patrol page and I saw no mention on the features page that you need the extreme upgrade to use the VC feature. With great reluctance, I purchased the extreme upgrade..... I'm still not sure why I did.... Once you do the upgrade to the HP-1 and when you plug in the USB cable, the HP-1 now will come up with a screen asking whether you want USB or Serial mode.... So yes, you need the extreme upgrade to use the VC in ARC Patrol..... Now I just need to figure out why my radios performance sucks....

Use some of the other features of the Extreme upgrade and you might figure out the issues you're having...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.