Arc-Patrol V2.0 Virtual Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I am unable to get the ARC Patrol Virtual Control to work. I plug the USB cable in, notice USB Cable Detected, then I slected Serial Port on the HomePatrol, usb/com1 selected, and then I selected Start. Nothing happens.

rwier

Quick answer: Home Patrol not designed for virtual control, forget about it! Others will take many words and responses to try to explain.

OCO

Unless you had no Com ports on your 'puter, I'd be surprised if Com1 was the right com port, as the installation of the HP1 serial driver assigns a new com port (mine shows up with Com9...
Rwier is right - the command set is very limited for the HP1's Virtual Control at this point, but you might as well try it, since you own it....

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Plug the cable in the HP1 before starting ARC PATROL else the software may not detect the usb/com port. Also com1 is very unlikely, check windows device manager to find the usb/com port assigned to the HP1.

Gommert
Butel Software

k2epm

Premium Subscriber
I don't even get that far. When I go to Com/USB Poet Select the drop down menu doesn't show me any com port choices what so ever. Yes, I put the HP-1 in to Serial Mode and I plugged the cable in before starting ARC Patrol on the PC.

max2248

Premium Subscriber
Drivers

Don't know if I am jumping in here late. I had the same problem. My solution was as follows. I had manually copied the drives to in my case C:/windows/inf directory. Loaded Arcpatrol, placed usb end into scanner and the drivers loaded autocratically.

popeye2513

Worked like a charm :)

Don't know if I am jumping in here late. I had the same problem. My solution was as follows. I had manually copied the drives to in my case C:/windows/inf directory. Loaded Arc Patrol, placed usb end into scanner and the drivers loaded autocratically.

Good evening/morning
Thanks for the help:) It worked like a charm!! I'm running windows 10 (many updates) :)
I followed as above however, I found the driver and right clicked on it it said install and i did and it worked as described!!
Much appreciated max2248 :)
Popeye

Remember: The Truth Shall Make (not set) You Free!!

Status
Not open for further replies.