ARC PRO for a BCD-996XT I cannot get it to trunk track

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
When I do a search I come up with nothing but channels that are marked Data like 154.400 I get a Talk group of 1-01-253 then if I search more 160.1550 Data, 160.3500 Data, 160.3500 data, 160-9500 Data, 161.040 Data, 171.650 Data 171.950 Data, 172.9875 Data

I have no idea how to turn my trunk on on my 996xt and im using ARCPro software, if anyone can help maybe I can get more out of my radio.. EHHHH

lep

That TG looks like a EDACS. If so, the cc must be in correct order to track.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Im not understanding what you mean.. Those freqs above stay on all the time and say DAT on my 996xt both in the house and in the truck!!

lep

TG 1-01-253 looks to me like an EDACS TG. If this IS EDACS trunking it is quite different from MOT trunking.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
But how do I search for trunking and stuff on my bcd996xt arc pro. I program with arc pro

Sent via Tapatalk from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

lep

Do you have the ARC XT manual? Check the manual and it is explained. If you do not have the Manual, download it from the ARC website, how do you "program with arc pro" without the manual?

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
It's simple. I picked up and started typing. But the little things and all the bells and whistles are a little harder to work

teufler

Not sure what you want. In Oxford County, I can only find LTR systems, LTR will display an id similar to 1-01-253 but all the other stuff is conventional. What specifically are you looking for.? The 396 and the 996 scanners are alittle different from the older, just punch in a frequency to a specific channel number.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Im trying to search stuff for the NEW MS COMM SYSTEM Most of it is trunking and NAC P-25. The p25 I can work the trunking I cannot.. There are also lots of Businesses on trunking

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
MaineRadioMan, I think you less help with using ARC and more help with using your scanner.

The system you are trying to search is made up of P25 channels. The talkgroup you posted looks more like an LTR talkgroup and was probably the result of noise.

Try and explain what you are trying to listen to and what you need to so and somebody should be able to guide you through programming your scanner.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I heard nothing at all but static and the talk group.. Is the MS COMM System gonna be all P25 with NAC numbers or NO??

teufler

oxford county me comm net

finally got it done, though its in freescan which you can load. I had a demo copy of arc xt but it has expired and it does not allowing saving or sending files. Anyway you might like Freescan. File is for zone 1, which has Oxford county aND THE THREE OTHER COUNTIES WITHIN ZONE 1. Ine file is a zipped . Unzip and you can load it. The Maine Comm will be a vhf p25 so that is the file I created. Left the system
in search mode so any talk groups will show. If you turn on vitual control, then logging, anything that comes up on the scanner will be put into a file that you can relate to later.

Attachments

• mecommnet.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 74

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
finally got it done, though its in freescan which you can load. I had a demo copy of arc xt but it has expired and it does not allowing saving or sending files. Anyway you might like Freescan. File is for zone 1, which has Oxford county aND THE THREE OTHER COUNTIES WITHIN ZONE 1. Ine file is a zipped . Unzip and you can load it. The Maine Comm will be a vhf p25 so that is the file I created. Left the system
in search mode so any talk groups will show. If you turn on vitual control, then logging, anything that comes up on the scanner will be put into a file that you can relate to later.

I cannot open the file!!!

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
So if its p25 I should be able to program all the freqs. and also program to digital and not analog and hope to hear something.. right is P25 Trunking or no and will all freqs have a NAC # like Lewiston PD Auburn PD and Augusta and so on?

teufler

you have to unzip the file first as Radio Reference makes us zip the files first. 7-zip is a file that many use. 7-Zip you can get the files. The system appears , according to Maine Comm, a standard vhf trunking, nothing exotic, p-25 so that was the way I created it. Left the sites in the search mode as id's are up in te airt now. They are still testing the system. Law enforecement appears not on the deal yet. Radioreference called it one thing, wiki called something else so I was confused. They were both ther same, Radioreference had a few more frequencies but the filre I sent has both. I added a "R" after the name to distinguish which one came from where. Good that you have Freescan. I have Proscan also but no Arc XT, .

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I still cannot open it. its opening in word press. This crap is pissing me off.. Im already tooo slow as it is!!

Status
Not open for further replies.