Arc software compatable with UASD files

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I have a bunch of UASD files from a BCD996. Was wondering if I could use those files in the ARC program to program a 996xt?

I really don't want to start over from scratch. Thanks.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
ARC-XT can not import UASD files directly yet. It is planned for a next release.
A temp workaroud it to import the uasd files in ARC996 and then save them in ARC996 format. Then ARC-XT can open the files.

Gommert
Butel Software

kma371

QRT
Ok thanks. When will next release be out? Can't justify paying for two separate programs when I only need one.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks. When will next release be out? Can't justify paying for two separate programs when I only need one.
You can also import the *.usd files into FreeScan, then either edit them there, or load, as is, into the 996XT. Once they've been uploaded into the scanner, then "read" the radio with ARC-XT and do your tweaking in that program from the systems uploaded from the scanner. A little bit roundabout, but no extra program to buy, and you're not watching a 30-day "trial period" if you downloaded ARC996 only for import purposes, then at day 31 or 32, found another file you meant to convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.