ARC Software Minor Download Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Some users have queried us as to if there are errors in the RR Database or the Web Service. While using various ARC software products to download EDACS Narrowband systems or networks, the ARC software is importing such systems as EDACS Standard.

We have checked our end and the data is being reported correctly via the Web Service XML output, but apparently is not be interpreted correctly by Butel's software. I am sure that they will address this shortly.

edweirdFL

I noticed that when I imported the FLP EDACS system the other night, but though it was a mistake on my part. I fixed it locally and reloaded the 996 and it worked fine.

I tell you, using software and the import feature is the only way I want to program and reprogram these newer units with alpha tags and thousands of memories. My hat is off to the folks who worked to make this possible, and keep it working.

Ed

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
Butelsoftware said:
In the system settings you can simply change the type to Edacs Narrow system type.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com
This is of course one option, but since other webservice-capable software downloads the narrowband systems correctly, it seems that it would be possible for the ARC series to download these systems correctly without having to manually change the system type.
Is it a big deal? Not at all, but if someone is loading system quickly and isn't familiar with it, they may not catch that it is narrowband. Thanks, Grommert

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I'm aware of the problem and will be updating all packages that use the Webservice but I can't update 12 software packages in one day and just wanted to give a tip that it is easy to change the system type to narrow.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.