Arc software trying to make all the talk group ids Digital only ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny6569

Hi all i was trying to see if anyone can help me with programming a 396 xt scanner, i know how to download everything and all but the one problem i keep running into is that my county is using all digital talk group ids, and everytime i go to download a system in this case 10 different sites right after its done i have to manually go through like 200 different talk groups to make them each digital only, is there a way to set the arc software to make them all digital only before i download the sites ? it takes forever to do it manually, and also can anyone also tell me how to shut off the quick keys also ? because right after i download a system i have to shut off like 55 quick keys too, anyone ? Thanks Danny...

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
The default is 'All' and should work, you can simply highlight the entire column and set all talkgroups to digital by pressing the D button or use selection options above the grid.

To disable quickkeys uncheck 'Send system quickkey status' in upload window.

Gommert
Butel Software

Danny6569

Arc software

Hey butel thanks for the help but i am still really lost here ? i figured out the quick key part but can you help me step by step to find the settings for the digital only ? ive looked at everything and cannot figure it out, i know you said something about over the grid part but where ? im really lost here with this part, im guessing its not set to default only too because when i download the system all the talk group ids keep coming up on my 396 xt as all, and i have to still go through them all to make them digital only so i dont get that motor boating drag at the ends of the transmissions, do i have to make the system first and then inport it and then change the settings to D ? or thats where im lost at where and when to change it to D ? thanks Danny...

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
In the Browser click on the group that holds the talkgroups. Then in the right pane locate the 'Audio Type' column.
Then click on the header of that column and now you can set all talkgroups to Digital.

Gommert
Butel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.