ARC-XT and Uniden BC346XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
I'm having a problem and looking for a little insight.

I have a Uniden BC346XT analog scanner and ARC-XT.

I was hoping to:
-create a programming file for a friend with a BCD396XT (digital) scanner using ARC-XT
-upload that file to my BC346XT
-download that file from my scanner into FreeSCAN
-save and email a complete FreeSCAN file to my friend, because sending FreeSCAN files is MUCH easier than sending a bunch of separated ARC-XT files

(so I'm basically using my 346 as a pass-through to create a FreeSCAN file)

Obviously, I realize that my 346 is not capable of monitoring digital traffic, but it seems ARC-XT is not even letting me upload digital data to the scanner, because I get some error message that says:

"No Resources Available, or system type not supported by this model"

FreeSCAN appears to have an option that allows you to upload digital data to an analog scanner.

Does ARC-XT (WHICH ACTUALLY COSTS MONEY!!) not have this same option also???

Thanks for any advice.

captclint

Mentor
I was able to import a P-25 system for my 346 using XT-Pro. I can't imagine that is a feature of only the Pro version, so I would certainly check to see you have the latest version. I am having trouble understanding your plan. You should be able to upload your scanner to Freescan directly and/or create a new file, without using ARC.

Last edited:

captclint

Mentor
The 346XT is not a digital scanner so it will not accept P25 systems, this is limit of the scanner not the software.http://www.butelsoftware.com
Disregard. After re-reading, I see that is exactly what he wants. I am quite sure Freescan can not possibly do that either for the same reason. As I said, what he is trying to do with ARC-XT makes no sense, and is better accomplished in FreeScan directly.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
As Gommert and CaptClint said, this is not a limit of the software, it's a limitation of the scanner. I've done exactly what you are trying to do by accident and got the same error message. The scanner can not be set to program a P25 system, so it sends and error message back to ARC-XT or any other program you might try. The software is only repeating the error message that the scanner sent back.

Status
Not open for further replies.