ARC-XT BASIC - how do you download DOJ WIN from RR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john98225

I ordered a Uniden BCD996XT today and then I downloaded a trial version of the ARC-XT Basic software so I could get a jump on the programming, but some things are confusing me.

I want to download the DOJ Integrated Wireless Network data from RR ( U.S. Dept. of Justice: Integrated Wireless Network (IWN) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies ) but I can't find any way to do it with the ARC software. It lets me grab the database files from RR if I put in a state, and then if I click on Agencies, I can download conventional US Government files, but I'm not finding the DOJ IWN.

Does anyone know if I can freely browse within RR's data files and download what I want - or is the ARC-XT Basic software just limited to letting you download what they've included in their programming?

(BTW, I tried to copy the DOJ WIN from RR and paste the info into a new system in the ARC software but it entered each row into one column.)

john98225

Well, I'm glad I didn't pay for this ARC-XT software yet ... I downloaded FreeSCAN for the XT and it immediately took me to the DOJ WIN stuff at RR, and imported it very nicely. Plus, it seems much more intuitive and user friendly.

While I like the ARC software I have for my 785D, I think BuTel dropped the ball on their XT version. The only import choices you have are files for the XT, 396, & 996 ... while FreeSCAN let me import files from my BR330T, plus gave me additional options. I know the ARC PRO version offers a lot more goodies, but since my radio will be living in a vehicle, the free FreeSCAN will be just fine for me.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Just select your State and County and then you will see the system listed in the Trunk systems list.
The Br330 uses the same file format as ARC396 so you can import those files in ARC-XT just select ARC396 format,

Gommert
Butel Software

john98225

Gommert - thank you for your reply. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but your import advice doesn't work as described for me. I have my 330T system files in Uniden's .usd format. When I try to import using the ARC396 format, it won't show .usd files; if I select 'show all files' and click on a system, it tells me, "File not compatible, or saved in newer format." (As you probably know, the FreeSCAN software does offer the .usd files as an import option.)

BTW, I can now find the WIN stuff in the Whatcom County listings. Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.