ARC-XT Pro/BCD996P2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVHillbilly

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't sure where to post this request. Radio or Software. I'm pretty sure it's a radio issue.
I program my 996P2 with Arc-XT Pro. through the front USB port.
A couple of weeks ago, I started getting a pop up message saying "time- out, check baud rate settings match in scanner and
software" when I would go to download to or upload from from the radio. It starts to read or send and then it gets part way through and I get the popup message.

Com7 is the port I'm using and it's set to 115200.

I'm not sure what changed (or how it changed). I never had any problem transferring data before.
I can use the virtual control and it works fine, so it's communicating with the radio.

I don't see anything in the settings of the radio that lets me set the baudrate, except for the GPS baudrate.

The cable and software Works fine programming my 325P2 with the exact same systems so I would think it's a radio issue

instead of a software or cable issue.

Would a complete reset help?

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
try using proscan once and see if that helps.

i had that issue with arc-pro once and had turned off the "turbo" upload off and that seemed to fix it if i recall.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have never seen that display using ARC-XT Basic or Pro. It could be a software problem. I would uninstall ARC-XT, download it from Butel, and reinstall it. Don't do that if you do not have a copy of the registration key.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Check to make sure the baud rate setting and Port Number in the radio and the software matches:
  • In ARC-XT go to the Scanner>Communications Setup menu and see what the baud rate is.
  • Click on the "Open Device Manager box in that window and under Ports and select the com port, then click on Port Settings and make sure that matches.
  • Lastly on the radio press the Menu button, then go to Settings> Set Serial Port>Set Baud Rate>Set Front Port and make sure that also matches the software and Device Manager settings.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
turn the scanner off and unplug it from the computer, reboot the computer, start up the software for the scanner and get it running without the scanner, then plug in the scanner and turn it on., .

WVHillbilly

Premium Subscriber
Uninstalled, reinstalled. No change.
Followed ka3aaa's advice, still no change.

It does read and write to my my 325P2 though.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Check the "Set C-CH Output" menu under Settings and be sure that is off, sometimes that messes with programming.

WVHillbilly

Premium Subscriber
Problem solved.
Downloaded the programming from my handheld to Freescan, and then uploaded that same programming to my 996P2 with Freescan.
Arc XT Pro now will read and write to the radio. Theremust have been some sort of glitch in the previous programming on the 996 that would not allow it to be be read from or be written to.

Status
Not open for further replies.