ARC XT Pro freezing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg2561

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else having problems with this? I just got my 396XT and ARC XT Pro but on my Windows XP machine at home, every time I try to read, send, control, etc, the program freezes up. It works fine on my Vista laptop, but I would rather use it with the comforts of my desktop. I have tried the USB-1 cable and the included serial cable using a USB to serial converter. They both work fine on my laptop but not on the desktop. I also used Freescan at home using the same cables and I also did the firmware update from the same computer with no problem. It has to be the Butel software that is acting up.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times, disabled everything running, but still no luck. I also downloaded the ARC XT Basic, but still had the same problem. I have checked and changed all the baud rates on both scanner and program, changed com ports, used different USB ports, you name it, I've done it.

On another note, I have also had the talkgroups turned to 0 on several of my systems after programming and reprogramming. Just wondering if anyone else is having any of these problems.

Greg2561

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I have downloaded the latest version and I have re-downloaded the USB drivers...no luck. Whats strange is that the same cables work fine on my 996T using ARC996 Pro. And I did the firmware updates on that computer using the USB-1 cable, so obviously it can't be a driver issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.