ARC XT Pro not sending EDACS site type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg2561

Premium Subscriber
I discovered this problem after not receiving anything on the FPL system. I could not hear anything while in scan or search mode, but could hear activity while holding on the frequencies.

Under the General Tab of a site, in the site settings window, in the EDACS Site Type box you can choose Wide (standard) or Narrow.

I kept choosing Narrow but still could not receive. I read and wrote to the radio several times and it stayed on Narrow on the software.

When I looked at the radio itself, the setting was on Wide, not narrow. I changed it on the radio and it received perfectly.

I then read the radio after the change and it still showed Narrow in the box on the software, and I sent the data back to the scanner. At that point all but one of the sites was correct, and one had reverted back to wide.

Greg2561

Premium Subscriber
I imported some more of FPL's sites today from RR. Once there were imported, I changed all of the site type's to Narrow and sent to scanner. They all, including the ones from Dade that were already in the scanner reverted back to Wide after programming. I had to go into the scanner and manually change all of them to Narrow.

I restarted ARC XT and read the scanner again. All showed Narrowband, and when I sent the info back to the scanner and looked at the site type on the scanner, 8 of the 16 sites had reverted back to Wideband.

Status
Not open for further replies.