ARCXT: ARC-XT-PRO Won't connect to RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
I have been a registered user of radio reference for many years. I also have a registered copy of the programming software. I have 3 Uniden scanners and I used ARC software to program the scanners. The XT-Pro software is giving me the error "INIT not ok Cant read user data". This problem started about a week ago. Can anyone help me with this error?

Thanks

TongSlinger

Longtime Listener
Premium Subscriber
I have been a registered user of radio reference for many years. I also have a registered copy of the programming software. I have 3 Uniden scanners and I used ARC software to program the scanners. The XT-Pro software is giving me the error "INIT not ok Cant read user data". This problem started about a week ago. Can anyone help me with this error?

Thanks

BTW The error happened when try to connect to Radio Reference to download systems.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Sometimes Windows Updates break applications, Butel products seem to have this issue. I have had great success uninstalling the application then reinstalling it from the latest download version from the Butel site. Usually I do not have to re-enter the product key, uninstalling the application doesn't seem to delete the file containing the key.

This seems to be a real issue after a Windows 10 "update". I have had to uninstall and reinstall all my ARC products. I did not have to do this in prior updates, such as XP or Vista to 7 or 7 to 8 or 8.1.

It isn't just Butel that this has happened to either. I have had to do this with Icom, AirNav and EZ-Scan applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.