ARC-XT V 1.4 Build 1-Problems with New Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjlamb

V1.4 build 1 does not display UIDs when using Display Mode 3. It seems to only display when using Display Modes 1 or 2. The column for UIDs shows on the log, but fails to actually log UIDs, even though they appear on the Virtual Control screen (when in either Display Mode 1 or 2 only).

Others who are experiencing the same issue, please report here with this or any other problems you are having with V 1.4 Build 1.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Some UIDs arte being logged

After monitoring for a while, some of the UIDs being displayed are being logged, but not all of them. All of the UIDs are being displayed in Mode 2, but only 10% or so are being logged. I am monitoring a P25 digital system.

Dave

ChargerSRT8

Premium Subscriber
After monitoring for a while, some of the UIDs being displayed are being logged, but not all of them. All of the UIDs are being displayed in Mode 2, but only 10% or so are being logged. I am monitoring a P25 digital system.

Dave

Same here. I posted the problem in the yahoo group. It logs some but not others, and may later log one it previously skipped. I deleted the ID group I was storing them in, in case something was corrupting it, but no change. I am currently scanning the P25 system while holding on the system. Am seeing more, but not all of them. Some kind of communication issue?

clgerwick

Same issue here, I am currently monitoring an Motorola Type II Smartnet in Central PA. Only half of the "UID's" are being logged in the virtual control.

I have a friend that works in the dispatch center, I might possibly be able to get all the "UID's" from him. If so I will post them in the Wiki.

sjlamb

I get display of UIDs in both Mode 1 and Mode 2. Mothing in Mode 3. As for logging of UIDs; I get absolutely nothing on either Moto type II P25 or EDACS. All other logging functions seem to work fine; just no UID logging at all.

TLandry

V1.4 build 1 does not display UIDs when using Display Mode 3. It seems to only display when using Display Modes 1 or 2. The column for UIDs shows on the log, but fails to actually log UIDs, even though they appear on the Virtual Control screen (when in either Display Mode 1 or 2 only).

Others who are experiencing the same issue, please report here with this or any other problems you are having with V 1.4 Build 1.

Hi,

I also have problem with mode 3 displays ok on scanner but not on ARCxt

just a little slow on Motorola system sometime.

True P25 system is fast and I always get the UID: on mode 1 and 2

Last edited:

sjlamb

Hi,

I also have problem with mode 3 displays ok on scanner but not on ARCxt

just a little slow on Motorola system sometime.

True P25 system is fast and I always get the UID: on mode 1 and 2

FreeScan displays UIDs in all three display modes and logs UIDs flawlessly. One neat thing about the FreeScan logging is that once you have ID'd the user (i.e. Engine 11) and given it an alpha tag, it doesn't log that UID. This is very helpful for finding new, yet to be identified UIDs.

Last edited:

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I just released 1.4 build 2 with support for id logging in dismode 3. Also id logging should work better now. The logger will only log UID numbers, it can not log uid that have a tag programmed.

Gommert
Butel Software

sjlamb

Seems to be working just fine for me with build 2.

Dave

Yup... build 2 resolved the problem I was having. Logs UIDs fine now. Current virtual control screen is not able to display UID alpha tags when in "Display Mode 3" but, otherwise, it's working good now.

Last edited:

acetech

Another problem that needs to be fixed thats been there for a while .. If you use the autoassign next avail quick key for multisite systems.. it will choose the same key for each one of that system.. I dont have a problem with that but what it does it will delete one of the sites and duplicate another from those sites to replace the one that was duplicated.. Hard to explain. Let say i have all 9 sites in the njsp system. And i use the assign next quick key on each site it will make them all the same quick key.. then after that I go in and check the only one with a quick key assigned is the last site in that system. now one of the other sites is gone and there is 2 of the same sites. like say there was a site... north, central, and south.. now there will be 2 norths and no central.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Yup... build 2 resolved the problem I was having. Logs UIDs fine now. Current virtual control screen is not able to display UID alpha tags when in "Display Mode 3" but, otherwise, it's working good now.
On mine, in Mode 3, the UID displays on the virtual screen in the space labled "ID" after the frequency display.

Dave

sjlamb

On mine, in Mode 3, the UID displays on the virtual screen in the space labled "ID" after the frequency display.

Dave

Well, yes... as I stated, in Mode 3 the UID will be displayed but not the ALPHA TAG that you have assigned to the UID. In Mode 1 or 2, the assigned alpha tags are displayed. Not so in mode 3. If you can get your alpha tags that have been assigned to UIDs to display in Mode 3; that would be good news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.